Reel problem

Tyler0420

Hey guys, any idea what’s up with my reel? When reeling in it’s hard to turn the handle, no the line isn’t wrapped around the tip of the rod (I checked lol). I’m sure the reel needs a cleaning.  Thanks for any info. 

Get sand or dirt inside moving parts and you have yourself a problem . A good cleaning could fix it ....got an air hose ?   ( like cleaning a key board )

Spinning reels are simpler to find the problem if it's external while casting reels have gearing & level winders which could be a "real" problem .

I hope you have solved the problem and it was an easy fix .  Those bait runner carp reels have two drag systems ,  hope I don't have any problems with it .

I had my Stradic 4000 with a broken bail arm fixed after sitting idle for 2 years . A repair guy who works for Grimsby Tackle fixed it very quickly and cheaply ....just a note in case you need to have it repaired .    :Gonefishing:

Thanks farmer. I wanna take it in and get cleaned and fixed up. I think the bail arm is bent. It barely clears the top of the spool when casting and the spool is at its highest point. The line usually gets caught.  

I've had my rod handle/reel tip into the creek a couple times but thats what happens when you use two stick poking out of the water to hold it. Ice fishing i've tipped the rod into the water fighting a pike before and it did get down to the reel.

On 3/25/2019 at 5:54 PM, Limey said:

Try turning it off and then on again...

Should work, how can it not?

Archived