Environmental Concern ...

smerchly

Tomorrow is April 1 2019 (for the record)

April 1 is April Fools Day and we will have a new tax called the carbon tax which is designed to clean up our environment . The prices for fossil fuels will go up and we will pay more for everything we buy including our fishing gear since everything is boated-trucked-flown across the planet .

April 1 is also pot day with many shops selling the weed to us .

Will there be a carbon tax on all that extra smoke ?   Just trying to collect my thoughts together while I still can ......   :dunno:  

52 minutes ago, AwolRJ said:

Crazy I heard beer is going up tomorrow too.  

31 minutes ago, kgm said:

Oh now I'm mad....

Beer , wine , whisky , et all has to be transported . Even the hops and malt , and bottles need to be trucked ....and the farm machines .....All use fuel . And it will cost us more to go get it in our polluting vehicles .  I just read the carbon tax will be subject to the HST ....a tax on a tax.  Man , they sure have smart accountants there in Ottawa .

Seems most Canadians don't mind paying extra taxes.
Have not heard of any marches or protests showing up in Ottawa.
People have the power.
Yet I hear nothing in the news.
So I'm guessing Canadians are fine with the latest tax, or just apathetic.

I wish the Liberals would have lied about this promise too. Unfortunately they would never pass up on an opportunity to increase their tax revenue to fund their pet projects and buy votes from their loyal followers and support their cronies. Hopefully Sheer will be in a position to put an end to the madness this coming fall!

" Snow will be a thing of the past"  ....as I look out my window this April  1 , 2019 and see "white" grass .....lol

We have been doing our part in Canada for many years to help clean the air and water . We have clean burning furnaces ,cars , more efficient appliances (that don't last as long) , and better ways to recycle garbage . (except for the nerds who don't have a brain ) . We have " transferred" our dirty manufacturing plants to the other side of the planet where they can burn coal ....and ship those products back via huge oil burning tankers ,,,then to huge oil burning trucks , back to our local " Can " Tire. .....easy to see our governments don't see that as a pollution problem .

In spite of all the new taxes  lets do our part to keep our "house" clean .....our g-g-g-g-g-grandkids would thank us . Remember....buying less = less garbage ....  :read:

2 hours ago, knightfisher said:
Seems most Canadians don't mind paying extra taxes.
Have not heard of any marches or protests showing up in Ottawa.
People have the power.
Yet I hear nothing in the news.
So I'm guessing Canadians are fine with the latest tax, or just apathetic.

There has been a yellow vest movement all winter just a hand full of people doing it i guess Canadians are still asleep. I think or should i say i hope with the cost of things going up the sleepers will have a rude awakening those that are fine with this tax won't say anything until it starts  to hit there pocket book 

2 minutes ago, I'm_A_Drifter said:

What we buy is also ridiculously over packaged as well. Yet nobody goes after the manufacturers or corporations like Tim Hortons that have beverage cups that can't be recycled. If they offered a "cost of the cup" discount to encourage use of our own mugs, then that is some incentive and that TH cares about the environment. 🚯

They never go after the manufacturers and the business people . Most of our garbage packaging comes from China , etc. We pay for those "cheaper" products in many ways , including more pollution , more road repair , and billions for damage from invasive species and of course , tax paying jobs . In the long run those imported products are not cheaper . (they also don't last ,which means we buy more ) . What most people see is the prices in the tons of glossy flyers produced everyday.  I could write a book on this.....  :blahblah1:

Right on there Drifter .....I believe  the average earner gives half of his wages up for taxes .

I found some old newspapers under the floor covering in the rec.room ,dated from the fifties , some very interesting stuff....One of the articles says the government of Ontario will be imposing a "temporary"  3 per cent sales tax on consumer goods . Well , I guess they were right .....the 3 % "was" temporary....... surprise !!   :pardon:

....One paper  (1960) has a picture of Clark Gable who passed away .....surprising how some things haven't changed much over the years ... 

My car gets better fuel economy as the price increases  !  :huh:

George Carlin (rip) has a you tube video about global warming , etc.  .....beware , a whole lotta  @#$%&*!! &%$#@ going on ......( but I don't agree on his plastic rant)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2019 at 10:43 AM, smerchly said:

Right on there Drifter .....I believe  the average earner gives half of his wages up for taxes .

I found some old newspapers under the floor covering in the rec.room ,dated from the fifties , some very interesting stuff....One of the articles says the government of Ontario will be imposing a "temporary"  3 per cent sales tax on consumer goods . Well , I guess they were right .....the 3 % "was" temporary....... surprise !!   :pardon:

If I am not mistaken , I think income tax was originally a temporary tax to pay for the war effort, not sure if it was the first or second WW.

Archived