Cat fish?

GREYHAWK

Water is also still on the cold side for this time of year...a couple of my spots are a good couple weeks behind at my guess from past experience...some puddles had skim ice still in the morn when I was working beginning of the week...let alone the mixed weather ...may give a spot a go on the weekend 

10 hours ago, Jwl1 said:

just dont leave your rod unattended for too long.....leave the bail open...you never know when a 20lber will do a drive by..

JW .....y'all can use a bait runner reel for those 20#+ channels . You don't need the carp gear ....great for shore fishing for the big cat girls as well .

1 hour ago, Steve_Guelph said:

The river is like chocolate milk and so high and fast.

Ya that’s why I said screw it last night. Would need 5oz weight to keep it down. I’m sure today is even worse. 

Just got back from Dunnville. My brother and I landed 23 cats today. The biggest was 17 on the scale but lots between 8-10. Water is still muddy but that’s okay for cats. Water temp is still only 50 so the cats will be around for awhile. 

96107608-AD84-4C7A-83DD-311C1D3FA8FB.jpeg

2 hours ago, Steve_Guelph said:

Just got back from Dunnville. My brother and I landed 23 cats today. The biggest was 17 on the scale but lots between 8-10. Water is still muddy but that’s okay for cats. Water temp is still only 50 so the cats will be around for awhile. 

96107608-AD84-4C7A-83DD-311C1D3FA8FB.jpeg

Thanks for the report. 

cat's haven't even gone into full test mode.

i'm lipping them without gloves. when the spawns on, lipping em requires gloves.

the cold weather, and this cold front has lowered their metabolism so they're not feeding.

next week's forecast is sunny with temps around 60 for a few days with lows in the 40's-50's.

We have caught big bats at Quinte at Mohawk Bay  when the water was warm  ....also big cats at the Narrows in the current . Locally , the 12 Mile has  nice cats in many spots .....a shrimp , worm or large minnow will catch them .  Good scrappers in that current  !

Archived