Reg. ?

smerchly

Been trying to find out about using 2 lines at the B.o.Q.  Regs say 2 lines can be used to fish the Great Lakes   ,e.g. ,salmon/walleye  fishing . Do the Erie perch guys use 2 rods while drifting or at anchor ?

I have a spot at Deseronto where my wife & I anchor & catch perch , pike , & eyes .....and there are some decent carp in there as well . I have never fished for carp there ....lots of thick weed beds just 20 -30'  away . I was "thinkin" about tossing my carp line out from the back of the boat ( 9 -12') while catching perch  , but I can't find the rules specific for Quinte .I don't think I can use 2 rods there but it would be fun to do .....  :Gonefishing::Gonefishing:

"Hooks and Lines – An angler may use only one line, unless otherwise stated in the regulations. Two lines may be used when angling from a boat in parts of the Great Lakes and for ice fishing in many areas. A fishing line must not have more than four hooks attached."

That's from the regs. Still not super clear. You'd likely have to look up the fishery zone quinte is in and see if there are exceptions to the rule listed. 

19 minutes ago, wilker said:

You can only use one line west of the glanora  fair crossing.

I found it , thanks wilker  ...even though Quinte is part of zone 20 the rules change . About 10 years ago in October I saw a boat going north up the reach with a planer board on each side , two guys in the boat , thought they  had 2 lines each . 

I'll bring my perch line in while I try my luck for carp .....wife catches more perch than I  ......

Archived