Carp supplies

Tyler0420

Received my Black Friday goodies today. Didn’t get much, some 60g in-line and grabber leads with some jumbo vanilla corn,boilies (like crushing them up in pva sticks). Looking forward to using the jumbo corn, now just need to get out. 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the weekend when I went ice fishing we stopped at a tackle shop for minnows and I seen they had glow corn. I’ve heard of guys using it before and catching on it but also catching on other stuff so it’s not really a deal breaker. Most of my fishing is at night so I thought I’d give them a try. 

4C147DE2-BDC6-49D9-A9E0-27F8A4A72A44.jpeg

Cool....been reading up a bit about cold water carping....one tidbit is to not over chum the water...they dont eat much in winter..try to find a shoal they may gather at...possible vegetation....instead of tossing out tonnes of chum...they where grinding up small amounts..adding some maggots...then the powdery chum dissolves.. pretty much just leaving a scent trail...but nothing really for them to eat....if there are big morsels in the chum...they will eat that..become on the full side..then tend not to look for your bait

Ya I’ve read that. I’ve seen them use the ground bait for the scent with not much for the carp to fill their bellies on. I’ve looked at some maggot rigs n Pva bags with them inside just haven’t got around to using them. 
need to get out carping soon it’s been a while.  I’m sure hammy harbor is still open. 

A piece of glow corn would help boost your chances night fishing for carp . As Jack said , less chum and a little extra stink would also help trick those obstinate liver lipped evaders ! 

I'm going to ice fish them again ....try a few baits including chumming with a couple of fresh cut up minnows , using 2 hooks with different baits . Since fishing vertical , 2 or 3 hooks can be used ( not dragging over bottom any distance) .

Most spots also have perch & pike , etc as well , so the second rod can keep me busy waiting for the "alarm" to go off .^_^

• 1 month later...

Looks like a good haul Tyler...should be shaping up around niagara over the next while for some big schools of big fish...big water and small water....I will try and scout out a few spots in my travels looking for big pike bait

Wow !  :o  What a smorgasborg  !!  You will drive those carp insane !  

I'll be looking for the picture of the big one  !     :bb2:

• 1 month later...

Purchased a new rod and net today. Currently I’m using a big salmon net and my wrist wants to snap when trying to land a fish myself so got a nice lite carp net. The rod is a 3.5lb tc. Heavier then I want but it will be good for chucking 4oz leads with bags or packbait. Looking to get another 2.75-3lb tc soon and of course two new reels for them.  May will be a shelter and I’ll be set to live on the bank till fall :)

Archived