Jordon Harbour

mck.brad

Carp, Cats and you can go right out to the lake. Maybe, steelhead or browns closer to lake mouth or under the QEW. Others can tell you better...but that is to my knowledge.

1 hour ago, DaveC said:

Carp, Cats and you can go right out to the lake. Maybe, steelhead or browns closer to lake mouth or under the QEW. Others can tell you better...but that is to my knowledge.

Thanks. Didn't realize that you could get out to the lake from there. Can't wait to get the kayak in soon.

Any one know how far up the creek by the tracks you can go?

47 minutes ago, cutthroat dan said:

You can go  south past train tressell  almost to twenty first st.

,depending on how much water coming through.Some panfish and lots of catfish where it opens up just past tressel.

Awesome.

Thanks!

You can also launch a yak (now) at the Baily bridge at 21st St. ...parking lot ....BUT the current may be too strong to come back . Then you could return via the Jordan conservation Park (21st St.) or at the Beacon (if the lake is tame)

Fish ....carp , catfish , channel cats , drum , bass  & pike , perch....the odd trout in there as well . Worms are your friend (warm harness) , minnows, crank baits , spinner baits .............and of course , corn for the carp .  :Gonefishing:

The park will be open May 1 everyday from 8 am to 6 pm....or longer if busy ...

• 4 weeks later...

When the marina was in operation years ago. We would put our boat in there. Fishing with Texas rigs would fish the shore line and weed beds. Got some nice Large mouth down there. When we were doing the spawing box  for trout we had nets in the harbour plus a holding pen. Man the Bass and crappie along with the perch. Got a lot of big ones along with Brown Trout.

I’ve fished the harbour numerous times from the yak if you hug the shore line headed toward the train bridge you can hook into a ton of carp. Fairly shallow in there. If you hang about 30 to 40 yards off the weed line along the side you can usually pick up some pike with spinners or rapala slash raps I found to work really well. Tons of bass in there as well but not open just yet. 

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 5:39 PM, knightfisher said:

Water is currently up to the doors of the building there. So ya flooded.

have they closed it yet or can you still put in a kayak there?

On 5/23/2019 at 11:59 AM, mck.brad said:

have they closed it yet or can you still put in a kayak there?

Standard paper today ....looks like we may break the 2017 record as more rain on the way .

Where John is standing , I walked through there in my boots to get back to my van in 2017 .

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/news-story/9393471-jordan-harbour-floods-rowing-school/

Three feet of water over normal is a LOT of water ....spread over Lake Ontario , could create another lake ! 

And to think a few years back guys were using long handles on the nets to reach the fish at Port piers !

Nice clear water ....bet there's some nice fat pike in there ! Thanks for the photo's .

Got to realize 100s of thousand years ago the whole area was an inland sea. When you look at the escarpment you can imagine where the shore was.

9 hours ago, F4U said:

Got to realize 100s of thousand years ago the whole area was an inland sea. When you look at the escarpment you can imagine where the shore was.

at another time it was covered by a massive glacier, all without mankind's influence. It's going to happen again, with or without anything we do or don't do.  I suspect  my flushing the toilette has about as much effect on the flooding as my carbon footprint effects weather trends. Either way, it's an after I'm dead problem, I just wish I could come back when the cycle swings the other way and laugh at everyone that got duped by the climate change cult, Justin and Climate Barbie remind me of Jim and Tammy Baker of the " Pass The Loot  Club".

I give Trump credit for going against the grain and not following the other "leaders" who claim they will fix  climate change by raiding the peoples wallets .

I would love to see Trump verses Trudeau in a one on one debate on climate change .  Trudeau would crawl under the rug....❄️

Yup here comes the old guard spewing BS out of their mouths again, the absolute stupidity of these comments really hurts the head.  Is climate change a natural occurrence yup, is it being accelerated a 100 fold by humankind and their habits, yup 100%.  This is FACT backed up by thousands of scientists, their data and research. Even oil companies can no longer hide and have admitted that man-made climate change is real.  Rex Tillerson former Trump lackey and ExxonMobil/oil whore has admitted as much and is just one of many...

Trump has a hard time forming a coherent sentence and say what you will about Trudeau but he'd steal Trump's lunch money & eat his lunch in any debate.  In fact any PM past, present or future (on any side of the aisle) would do the same... 

Judging by the comments in the previous posts we are truly living in "the Age of Stupid"... 

19 hours ago, heatmiser74 said:

the Age of Stupid"... 

Well  sir ..... we can start by banning population growth , stop the giant oil burning ships & trucks from  bringing us our daily goods from half way across the planet , and cut the thousands of "pleasure"  jet planes from spewing their exhaust fuel on the planet & our lungs . We have closed thousands of factories here , cleaned up our vehicle emissions with cleaner fuel & improved mileage ,  very much so since the "old days" .  I believe the majority of us agree that man made climate change is a hoax . Scientists are paid by governments .....

No point in arguing , way too many factors to make a conclusion .

I will not include your point of view with the " Age of Stupid" .... I respect your viewpoint . Have a great day .  

...btw....it's now called "climate emergency"   .... also not "man made , but "people made" ....

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/goldstein-liberals-and-the-cbc-say-the-new-phrase-is-climate-emergency

....the comments seem to agree with the writer ......  

B)

1 hour ago, heatmiser74 said:

Yup here comes the old guard spewing BS out of their mouths again, the absolute stupidity of these comments really hurts the head.  Is climate change a natural occurrence yup, is it being accelerated a 100 fold by humankind and their habits, yup 100%.  This is FACT backed up by thousands of scientists, their data and research. Even oil companies can no longer hide and have admitted that man-made climate change is real.  Rex Tillerson former Trump lackey and ExxonMobil/oil whore has admitted as much and is just one of many...

Trump has a hard time forming a coherent sentence and say what you will about Trudeau but he'd steal Trump's lunch money & eat his lunch in any debate.  In fact any PM past, present or future (on any side of the aisle) would do the same... 

Judging by the comments in the previous posts we are truly living in "the Age of Stupid"... 

And Trudeau can't form a sentence with a dozen or so ums and ahs in it. So sorry that the younger generations have heard the Liberal lies repeated so often that they now believe them to be the truth. 

1 hour ago, Limey said:

Can we do religion next? 😂

Ha....that leaves me out .....don't have one of those things .....  

Limey ....I was hoping to see you at our latest carp fest , hope you are mobile again .

https://www.niagarathisweek.com/news-story/7379312-lincoln-still-recovering-from-spring-storms/

...looks like a new record .....  

Interesting... Back when I went to University, the fear mongers called it "Global Warming". I find it interesting that it's changed to "Climate Change", which serves as a better catch-all for anything and everything.

I did a lot of research on the topic for a paper. As mentioned above, you'll find just as many scientific papers that don't support the "FACTS". The facts are usually determined by who is paying the bills.

Is 40 considered Old Guard?

What do I know though? I'm sure I'm just being "negative". That's the new way to push an agenda and counteract people who don't blindly agree. Call them out for being negative. :)

Archived