Jordon Harbour

mck.brad

Its cow farts🐮🐂🐃🐄......either that or the "new guard"....puffing out a big fruit flavored cloud from thier douche flutes 🎶 

• 1 month later...

Finally made it out on Saturday. First pic for the conservation parking status and boat. My wife and 3 year old daughter sat in front. You can launch right at the water and less than 5' out it's only mid-shin deep. Bunch of vehicles parked on the side of the entrance road. Didn't realize there was the grassy area and pavilion on the right. Perfect spot to setup. Got up to the campground where it gets too shallow. About 2 hours round trip.

20190713_115358.jpg

20190713_120622.jpg

20190713_125444.jpg

20190713_125636.jpg

20190713_130151.jpg

20190713_130324.jpg

Screenshot_20190713-154440_Earth.jpg

20190713_120624.jpg

Unreal & a damn shame the water is still inside the building .....I think the government could do a better job in managing those dams ....but what do they do right ???   I see lots of land erosion here on the north shore as well .

Lots of wild life to see along the shore line at Jordan .....the "Owl Lady" is long gone but many water birds to see there , including that duck near the Bailey bridge houses ...You can launch there as well now with the high water at the bridge and park .

Thanks for the nice pictures .....  always enjoyed fishing  there for a good variety of fish .

18 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Looks like a nice trip out. Did ya get any fishing in?

No, didn't fish this time. Just explored. First time in the harbour. Don't think my wife and daughter would have the patience :). Although one did hit the surface about 20-30' in front of us and saw another black shadow of one just under the surface on the way back in the middle of the bay.

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 12:35 PM, mck.brad said:

Finally made it out on Saturday. First pic for the conservation parking status and boat. My wife and 3 year old daughter sat in front. You can launch right at the water and less than 5' out it's only mid-shin deep. Bunch of vehicles parked on the side of the entrance road. Didn't realize there was the grassy area and pavilion on the right. Perfect spot to setup. Got up to the campground where it gets too shallow. About 2 hours round trip.

20190713_115358.jpg

20190713_120622.jpg

20190713_125444.jpg

20190713_125636.jpg

20190713_130151.jpg

20190713_130324.jpg

Screenshot_20190713-154440_Earth.jpg

20190713_120624.jpg

I seen you set up, lol.  I was with my family in a pontoon boat.  Tried fishing for bass but no luck, too hot! Got to hit it in the evening on the lily pads with top water...that's how you get them down there...

Tim 

I like to fish with a nice chop on the water like that ....good for drifting 3 way rigs with live/dead baits  , spinner baits , cranks etc. The wind is high here and the boats are rocking at the docks ....some boats get taken out and back on the trailers with this kind of wind ....The shore continues to lose  soil & grass ....may need to dump a lot of rock in here since they can't control the lake levels these days .....too rough to fish today ....and HOT !   

Do you have to pay to park and /or launch a kayak there??.............................Daniel

15 minutes ago, boogaloo said:

Do you have to pay to park and /or launch a kayak there??.............................Daniel

It's all free Daniel .   

On 7/21/2019 at 12:00 PM, boogaloo said:

It's free at the conservation area where I launched from. If you go in from the marina on Lake Ontario side, they charge $3 for a kayak. You can go under the qew to go from the conservation area to the lake.

1 hour ago, mck.brad said:

It's free at the conservation area where I launched from. If you go in from the marina on Lake Ontario side, they charge $3 for a kayak. You can go under the qew to go from the conservation area to the lake.

...and the lake side can get real choppy quickly with any northerly winds.....

You can also launch free from the Bailey bridge (21st )  ...good size parking lot there....watch the shallow areas downstream about 100 meters....

Thanks Bill and Brad. I may go and try some top water baits and some worms for back up. lol..................Daniel

17 hours ago, boogaloo said:

Thanks Bill and Brad. I may go and try some top water baits and some worms for back up. lol..................Daniel

Just south of the railway bridge there is a ton of weed grass. You can see it in the google map pic. I haven't fished in there yet but have heard of many having success. I did see  two; one hit the surface and I saw one under the surface on the way back in the middle of the harbour. Gotta get out there myself one day.

Normally at this time , the water level there is only about 2 ' , just south of Culp St. (map) ,  As teens , we fished from shore at the bend of the small island , and caught perch and sunfish and small cats . These higher water levels should hold more larger fish and should be quite suitable for yaks or canoes ....but I suspect very heavy weed growth too .That area is spawning grounds for many fish . I would be interested in seeing how you made out there .  B)

• 2 weeks later...

On this side of the lake at Quinte ,,,,,same thing , about 10- 11" drop ,  still too high there at Jordan ...need another foot drop to be near normal . With another foot drop here the weeds will be real thick as they have grown to the top of the water now.  I hope we never have this problem again  ....need better water management .   

...btw ,  haven't seen any mnr here  or opp since we came in early June ...... 

Archived