Question about regulation at Port Dalhousie

iscoDisco

Is fishing behind the water front trail(green bridge) illegal?? I often saw people fish there but my friend told me that place is illegal to fish.

Is there any specific regulation on Port Dalhousie??

Looks like fishing regulation guide don't specify that area other than below the Lakeport road is fishable all year.

Port Dalhousie falls into Lake Ontario's rules.  Zone 20 I think.

If you have to jump a fence or barrier ... it is probably illegal.  If you are talking about the little waterfalls.  You can't fish within 75 feet of it and that includes casting within 75 feet of it.  The trespassing is one charge and then fishing close to a dam would be another.

People will fish it but if the MNR or NRP feels like talking to you, you are SOL.  Also don't try the arguement of NO SIGNS ... they don't go up since they would be ripped down even faster.

45 minutes ago, Snags said:

Port Dalhousie falls into Lake Ontario's rules.  Zone 20 I think.

If you have to jump a fence or barrier ... it is probably illegal.  If you are talking about the little waterfalls.  You can't fish within 75 feet of it and that includes casting within 75 feet of it.  The trespassing is one charge and then fishing close to a dam would be another.

People will fish it but if the MNR or NRP feels like talking to you, you are SOL.  Also don't try the arguement of NO SIGNS ... they don't go up since they would be ripped down even faster.

What about the place near sail club house?

Will it be matter because the parking lot is private area??

Even on Google map street view I can see a guy fishing there.

For now that parking lot is the only place to fish on west wall... because of condo construction!

Also that area looks like more than 75 feet away from little waterfall.

On the east side (St. Catharines) you can fish the whole strip from the fence where the hydro generation is through to the fencing keeping people off the end of the pier.  The marina seems to not want anyone fishing there based on some signs that were put up last year, not sure if that would still be the case.  Basically if you can be there without having to trespass you can fish it.

On the west side (Port Dalhousie) I don't know if you can fish technically off of the walk bridge, but basically from behind the restaurant down to wherever they have it fenced off.  That parking lot, people have fished from there into the water behind the old factory.

1 hour ago, Snags said:

On the east side (St. Catharines) you can fish the whole strip from the fence where the hydro generation is through to the fencing keeping people off the end of the pier.  The marina seems to not want anyone fishing there based on some signs that were put up last year, not sure if that would still be the case.  Basically if you can be there without having to trespass you can fish it.

On the west side (Port Dalhousie) I don't know if you can fish technically off of the walk bridge, but basically from behind the restaurant down to wherever they have it fenced off.  That parking lot, people have fished from there into the water behind the old factory.

Thank you Snags!

It was such a clear answer for me.

Archived