Beautiful day out

Tyler0420

I saw a few carpers fishing Gravelly Bay in PC. I ran into FishinFeldie at the Wainfleet Quarry and also got to the Crystal Beach launch. The docks are in but the numerous icebergs out in the lake were turning fishermen away. A good southwest wind should get rid of the rest of it.

Put the boat in the welland river behind water treatment plant today for a quick fish and run the boat .not a bite! Tried worms,jigs and twisters couple shallow divers and trolled back with spoons on for pike .rivers a flowin and chocolate milk .but yes a nice day to be out .

The Smerch and I planted our chairs on a local pond. Got into some carp and cats, as 
well as enjoying the wildlife waking up.

13 hours ago, knightfisher said:
The Smerch and I planted our chairs on a local pond. Got into some carp and cats, as 
well as enjoying the wildlife waking up.

Nice to see the sun shining and warmer temps , and for a change , the fish were taking the $Store corn , as well as worms . I think the bite is on Tyler ....but in the shallow waters.  Carp are getting an attitude as the water warms .

Oh yes ....the Smerch did it AGAIN !!!!   ...left the parking lights on the van , and yup , dead , really dead battery . I had to pry Knightfisher away from his rod to get a boost from his Jeep . There's no warning beep in the old low tech van when lights are left on .....

One of the carp got even with me ......while trying to unhook the dorsal fin with those sharp barbs from the rubber net , the carp flipped and caught my upper thumb with the anal fin barbs & ripped a chunk of  meat out of my hand  ....lots of blood including some on my shades .  ....must have been a nasty old hen who hates men !! 🖕

4 hours ago, fishingking said:

Put the boat in the welland river behind water treatment plant today for a quick fish and run the boat .not a bite! Tried worms,jigs and twisters couple shallow divers and trolled back with spoons on for pike .rivers a flowin and chocolate milk .but yes a nice day to be out .

4 hours ago, fishingking said:

Thats what i thought but when i was fishing up by the aquaduct there was 2 guys casting with a husky jerk and a spinnerbait and i asked if any luck they said one pike and i asked if the season was open and they said open all year in there .i wasnt sure but my big motor has carb problems and wouldnt start up so i fired the kicker and tossed a couple spoons tipped with worms and putted back to the launch for 45 mins .i knew walleye wasnt open but i usually dont target pike anytime so wasnt 100 percent certain and last year before walleye opened i caught two crappies on big o's casting into the fallen branches.honest mistake i guess .should probably tell my 15 yr old daughter that was my fishing partner today that we were breakin rules .the thought had crossed my mind to check the regs but i had no data left on my phone either so just went with it🙏forgive .

Good thing u didnt catch any pike! A CO, would have fined u and possibly siezed your boat! Its our responsibility to know the regs! Never ask someone else! They may and in this case were, Wrong!!! Down load the regs and save to files! You can read the file without using data! 

A guy was tossing spinner baits ,etc. in the  shallow muddy water while I was carp fishing (zone 16) .....obviously he was not carp fishing ....

I doubt there's pike or bass in there , but after looking at google maps , pike could make their way into the area ......maybe he has had some luck there.

Pike season is now open in zone 20 ....hope their spawning time is done .

4 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Got out for an hour after work last night. Managed one small carp. 

WTG Ty .....The carp are finally beginning to bite !   I raided the Dollar Store today to get more of that Vietnam corn for 50 cents a can ....price went up to 82 cents & $1.25 for the cream corn .....cheaper at W.M. for local corn ....

Hoping to get out soon and break that 10# barrier !

12 minutes ago, smerchly said:

WTG Ty .....The carp are finally beginning to bite !   I raided the Dollar Store today to get more of that Vietnam corn for 50 cents a can ....price went up to 82 cents & $1.25 for the cream corn .....cheaper at W.M. for local corn ....

Hoping to get out soon and break that 10# barrier !

I've never heard of Vietnam corn...........Great price though''''   Does it work for carp???

1 hour ago, Tony said:

I've never heard of Vietnam corn...........Great price though''''   Does it work for carp???

Yes Tony the carp seem to like it ....they don't seem to mind it came from Vietnam ....Maybe the corn was grown here or the USA, shipped there to process and can it ....then ship it back . Funny though , the same brand in cream style says "CANADA" on the label , but that doesn't mean anything.....

8 hours ago, DNorton said:

Anyone know if they are moving around in cdp yet or is it just cats still. 

Smerch and I have been down there numerous times and apart for two carp, nothing but cats and some rudd.  

But it should pop any time, I figure within a week, two at the most, jmo

Archived