Carping at Gibby

smerchly

Water looked good , nice greenish colour , level down a bit ,  looked favourable for  catching carp !  I chummed with maize , used can corn on the hair , and nothing happened !  I tried a nice juicy worm , and no bites .  Where are they ?  I tried 6-7 fow to 14 -15 ft. .  I have only caught them in very shallow muddy waters so far .

Back to the mud ....hoping  they show up soon . 

14 minutes ago, Bubba14 said:

You're one up on me my friend, I haven't even been out yet!!

I'm 26 (yrs) up on you bud ......hope you can soon join "the club"   

One spot is so shallow when the water drops I can nearly see their dorsal fins  haha !   Three carp (lost one) so far Mike . The one I lost in 2' of water jumped like a tarpon ....hope it didn't plug itself into the mud bottom !   .....looks like I'll be back to the shallows again real soon ....want to do my hair rig special with float material added to keep the bait out of the slime on bottom ....and try the puffed corn , ... dipped in ice cream ....   B)

....just discovered a tick on me this morning !  From Gibson Lake !  Beware  .....🕷️

My son and I actually got out later in the day today, not too far from Gibby, you know the real shallow spot east of there Smerch. A couple of taps then landed about a 2-3 pound channel.

On 5/11/2019 at 7:51 PM, Bubba14 said:

My son and I actually got out later in the day today, not too far from Gibby, you know the real shallow spot east of there Smerch. A couple of taps then landed about a 2-3 pound channel.

Worms have been the most successful  there Bubba . I hope to see more carp in there when (if) the ice melts there !  No luck yet at Gib in the much deeper water   where we first met  up . The garbage there is outrageous .

btw ....it's such a beautiful day , think I'll catch some zzz's  till noon .....  🌞

Archived