Hey a report for may ....haha

Jwl1

Went on a great adventure today.....hit the road about 3am in the rain to set out on one of the funnest missions I been on in a while..a couple hour road trip....chilly wind...tromping through muck and mire freezing cold water.....tripping over rocks and logs off the beaten path into God's country......target of the day......beautiful wild brookies...!!!....clear spring fed waters....great scenery for the hike.......it is a bit of a rough go ......but well worth it to hike up and down stream....searching for pools.....riffles in the current.....forks in the water.....tail of small rapids to find just the spot that looked like our illusive target was hiding .....man it was fun on the ultralight gear ....and watching them dart after our baits....and what pretty fish too.....and due to the sensitive nature of the fishery.....no I'm not giving out GPS coordinates and this post will self destruct in 10 seconds....lol....but soon I can send them to our good buddy Tyler...wink wink...I will share some pics from the day......ended the day with a few for the table....and the rest went back to fight another day.....doesn't get much better than a great adventure with a great fishing friend.....thanks a bunch for sharing a great day cliff.....I would turn back around and do a whole other adventure right now

1 hour ago, fredfisher said:

Great report,thanks for sharing!

Just now, DNorton said:

Awesome report! Thanks! 

Took the words right out of my yapper  !   :D

Gotta give you old codgers credit for tromping around the bush to catch those beautiful little "jewels"

I like my eyes, perch & crappie , but those little brookies are gold on the plate ....and palate !

It's fun honing the skills....reading the water and picking apart the areas you think might be holding these fish....believe me you can't just park a chair and cast away for the day....and if you did....good luck carrying the chair around  the terrain all day let alone find a flat part to park it....haha.....they spook easy....hide well....and are very structure oriented fish...structure can be anything from a current change...to a log in the water...anything unique......."unique" up on an area and give it a try....Haha....conditions where a bit tough yesterday....cold front came in on the area...off and on drizzle....but cloud cover helps to not cast a shadow on the water......I'm waiting on web master Tyler to hopefully post some pics from the day

Was a nice long day trip Jack.. Always a pleasure fishing with you..we got decent numbers but lower than the norm.. It was +17 at 6am and +4 by 2pm.. Crazy change may have slowed them a bit..

Happy to say I cooked up those tasty morsels and brought to a potluck dinner I just came back from and it was a hit....simple panfried in seasoned flour with a bit of lemon....and as one who wants to be able to spend many more years enjoying the fishery.....we just kept a few.....not even a limit...small fraction of what we caught that day....and every last bite was enjoyed

You got got me going now! Still waiting to go for the first time this year. Was going to go today but the weather scared me with all the rain we have had I figured the streams/Rivers would be unfishable but from the pics water color looks okay. Beaatiful looking Brookies!

Considering we went in the rain....waters weren't up super high....and still running clear....maybe a slight amber tinted in some spots.....the walking on the other hand was a bit muddy... slick...and the odd surprise foot drop to the thigh..lol....all part of the adventure

Thanks for the feedback. I figured the water would be high, but surprised by the color. Plan on wearing chest waders anyway.  Going to try and do a day trip next week!

Hey thanks man.....and thanks again cliff for sharing a great fishing adventure....not the best conditions on a cold front but we adapted and it paid off.....I have a bunch of pics of you with fish on my phone I will email you 

Archived