Sign in to follow this  
Fishguy85

What to do

Hey guys there is this person fishing constantly at Nichols's Marina and he has been catching walleye as well other fish. This past Tuesday he caught 9 walleye in an hour kept every single one of them. The ministry was called on him but nothing has been done. We keep telling him he can't be doing this but he smiles and says yeah yeah and continues fishing. This same guy will purposely cross your line and stand a foot away from you to fish. I have given up on saying anything to him cause there's no point anymore.

Them guys been picking away at the walleye like that all winter long....keeping all of them...even getting people to come and pick up fish then keep fishing....and keeping.....even the big females full of eggs..keeping every trout they catch too....the ministry will hopefully catch up to these people sooner or later....they have been around some spots in the Niagara region....it sucks to see for sure

Looks like the guy has been doing this for months ? ...maybe has a freezer full of eyes or sells them ?

Obviously , he has no fear of the understaffed mnr ......

Looking at the number of "guests" last night , I think this guy might have lots of company today ....

Maybe one of them will .............   :dunno:

His friend was the one who reported him as he was going around showing pictures of the 9 walleye he caught on his cellphone.

The nerve of these Poachers makes me sick - Poachers are criminals , and need JAIL time  :slap: ,  this poacher is having detrimental impacts on our fishery ,  I never hesitate to narc on a poacher ever.                                                                                                                                  MNR please destroy this clown boot  .  

Edited by NiagaraRiverFisher

Use the power of social media to your advantage, posts of pictures and videos with his face and license plate will definitely encourage the mnr to act more quickly, use Facebook, forums and whatever else you can 

He was down there today fishing with his Silver Caravan. Last year I had everyone pissed at me because I was accused of turning him in. When they found out it wasnt me. Not 1 appology from thes guys friend. But it was okay for his buddy to turn the Poacher in. Wears a puffy black jacket and is Syrian.

I would have no probs turning him in....and sit there calling on the guy every day.....wouldn't be the first time I called out a poacher....there's rules for a reason....and being a "foreigner"....for lack of a better term is no excuse .....added point....you said "last year".....obviously it's been going on and on and the person in question knows they are breaking the law and will continue to do so.....too bad we couldn't arrange a bunch of people to go call this perpetrator out ....not to cause an altercation but just to help this person feel like an idiot....make it well known verbally to everyone around that he is a poacher....

Edited by Jwl1

Already been called out. Just laughs. Catches anything no matter what season and it goes home with him.

Well guys ive been hearing about this fella for a while now from a fellow fisherman that has also apparently called mnr on this guy and they never showed up in the 3 hrs he was there .i had a 2 day similiar problem at the buckhorn dam years ago on walleye opener where a korean guy was fishing beside me almost touch elbows even when there wasnt a bunch of guys down there.he would cross over me and grab his second rod and fish while i was untangling the line .stand right where i was standing and so on .totally rude and uncalled for .i pulled out my scissors or a lit smokeand reached over and clipped or burned his line every time he woild take his eyes of his rod .even said hey look big fish and point in a direction then snip! No words were exchanged but i believe he caught on because the last half a day i was there he was about 50ft away watching me catch a few while he was skunked.sounds like he needs a taste of something other than fish guys! Accidentally boot his stuff in the water .something! If mnr wont do their job .what do we pay for liscencing for like really .

Edited by fishingking

And we had this convesation in december about the same joker doin the same crap at the same spot and some of the opinions or mentioned options werent very appreciated by a couple forum members if i recall correctly.if no action is taken soon by the mnr we should do our part to protect our fishery against the ones that abuse it! Not killing anybody over fishing just givin them a hard time to make him change his mind about his actions and maybe have a little respect for others and the fishery!just sayin guys

On 5/11/2019 at 8:23 AM, Fishguy85 said:

His friend was the one who reported him as he was going around showing pictures of the 9 walleye he caught on his cellphone.

Obviously he's not concerned with being charged ......

1 hour ago, fishingking said:

never showed up in the 3 hrs he was there

lots of evidence on him , witnesses , face book , vehicle description , etc etc etc .... This may cause anglers & hunters to lose confidence in our mnr which can lead to losing respect .....   It's not worth taking on poachers these days , anything could happen ....could this guy happen to be aboriginal ? (different rules)

And to think , last year while carp fishing with a young fellow  in a pond where you would never expect the mnr to show up with just 2 guys on the pond , he forgot to renew his license & got hit with $155  .  Small peanuts in comparison to this brazen poacher .

Edited by smerchly

I was fishing the upper on Friday around 5:00 pm around the Peace bridge, water was mud , high and fast near the shoreline, there was only two of us fishing, a CO pulled in within 10 minutes of us fishing!  I was with a friend from Florida, this was his first time fishing in Canada, got him his non-resident conservation license for $30 (8-days) before we went out!  Talk about being by the book, lol!

Before going to the upper we went down to the Glen, never seen water this high during my twenty years fishing the Niagara! No shoreline at the Glen or the Pool!

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 2:34 PM, Bass-turd said:

Use the power of social media to your advantage, posts of pictures and videos with his face and license plate will definitely encourage the mnr to act more quickly, use Facebook, forums and whatever else you can 

That same power is what brought him to this spot unfortunately. 

Spoke with this guy today..

I asked him how tye fishing was..

His response none of your f...... Business... Overly friendly lol

Wont mention what i said back to him.. But he ignored me ...hahs

Amazing how some will get nailed for the smallest infraction while others get away with much more serious offenses and laugh at the mnr....

He does have a vehicle , right ?  .......