Sign in to follow this  
Fishguy85

What to do

I’ve been asked for my fish lic by CO’s,OPP and RCMP ...can Cops not  lay charges this instance? I know an OPP can ticket for no license....maybe someone needs to tip off the big boys...a thought..

FF

...i have been yanked over on the lower Niagara by the Mounties and  together we measured the Wally’s I had on board...I thought that to be really weird 🤷🏼‍♂️ But i complied. If I was in violation something could they charge me?   Probably would be my guess.

On 5/14/2019 at 9:57 AM, steelshady said:

Before going to the upper we went down to the Glen, never seen water this high during my twenty years fishing the Niagara! No shoreline at the Glen or the Pool!

So it's not possible to shore fish down there at the moment?

Update he has had the MNR called on him 7 times they were suppose to go to his house the other day but unsure if they did or not. He is still fishing over at Nichols marina he usually fishes near the boat launch. He drives a silver dodge van. We told him a few times that he can't be doing this but he does the yeah yeah with a smile like he doesn't understand you.

I heard that he could have a limit of fish for each member of his family. Wife and 4 kids a total of 36 walleye on a conservation licence. MNR I guess toldhim taht.

2 hours ago, F4U said:

I heard that he could have a limit of fish for each member of his family. Wife and 4 kids a total of 36 walleye on a conservation licence. MNR I guess toldhim taht.

Seems like he’s usually fishing alone so taking a limit for each family member that sitting at home definitely isnt  legal. 

On 5/15/2019 at 12:51 PM, smerchly said:

Amazing how some will get nailed for the smallest infraction while others get away with much more serious offenses and laugh at the mnr....

He does have a vehicle , right ?  .......

YUP. Silver Dodge CARAVAN

13 hours ago, F4U said:

You can only have a limit for each person that has a valid fishing liscence....or those who are exempt...eg....kids....seniors...handicapped.....who dont require a liscence....that being said....the limits for everyone aren't supposed to be caught and kept by the same person....limits are for individual anglers....and I also believe on a conservation liscence...possession limit on walleye is 2.....so if you have 2 in the freezer you cannot go and keep 2 more.....its the time of year the mnr frequents a few spots in Niagara....hopefully they catch up to this guy

1 hour ago, Jwl1 said:

You can only have a limit for each person that has a valid fishing liscence....or those who are exempt...eg....kids....seniors...handicapped.....who dont require a liscence....that being said....the limits for everyone aren't supposed to be caught and kept by the same person....limits are for individual anglers....and I also believe on a conservation liscence...possession limit on walleye is 2.....so if you have 2 in the freezer you cannot go and keep 2 more.....its the time of year the mnr frequents a few spots in Niagara....hopefully they catch up to this guy

Went down yesterday. I had a friend show me the new stuff he bought. So I returned the favor and showed him of my stuff. The guy in question came over stuck his head in between us and was looking at my tackle. I pulled the box away and told him not to come near me. Not once but twice. Im really getting tired of this guy.

1 hour ago, F4U said:

Went down yesterday. I had a friend show me the new stuff he bought. So I returned the favor and showed him of my stuff. The guy in question came over stuck his head in between us and was looking at my tackle. I pulled the box away and told him not to come near me. Not once but twice. Im really getting tired of this guy.

I’d be fishing a new location. 

2 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

I’d be fishing a new location. 

Lots of place up here to get walleye and trout. I try to avoid him as much as possible.

4 hours ago, F4U said:

I'd be teaching him a lesson..

Looks to me like this guy is a loose canon . I wouldn't provoke a rattle snake ...beware ....let the "authorities" deal with this guy.

They should make getting a fishing license like the hunting course. I see way too much of this and it turns me off from the "sport". Guys leaving fish out of water for extended periods of time...Literally ripping the guts out to get their hooks back, ect. Weed out people who dont take it seriously. 

1 hour ago, F4U said:

CHAJ 143.

One of the Van's didn't have plates at all,  and price stickers in the window so that obviously wasn't his.

Can't be doing with arseholes so if he's down there next time I'll happily oblige him as I'm leaving and he'll be walking back to a car with a bad limp....act like a twat and you should be treated like a twat.  😊

2 hours ago, Derek0291 said:

They should make getting a fishing license like the hunting course. I see way too much of this and it turns me off from the "sport". Guys leaving fish out of water for extended periods of time...Literally ripping the guts out to get their hooks back, ect. Weed out people who dont take it seriously. 

I believe in Germany you have to take an exam to get a license there ( I didn’t because I was just visiting).  In the end I don’t think it will help with the poaching but maybe give some anglers  info on something they would never of thought of. (Keeping a fish out of the water for longer then they should be) 

Education would sure help.....I've seen this season people fishing...seeing someone else catch a nice fish....then ask what it was......if you are fishing you should be able to identify species for sure....or how do you remotely know if it is legally in season or not...what your limits are ect....I have thought for years that you should have to show a valid fishing liscence in order to buy fishing gear....you can't just go to the store and randomly by ammo

Well if the guy youre talking about drives a silver van he was there this morning by nichols when i walked by and there just now when i launched my boat.