First One !!!

smerchly

Got up this morning ....visited the can ....spotted a dark spot on my thigh ......YEP , a TICK ...fweeked me out !!

It must have jumped aboard the day before yesterday at Gibby ....same spot one got me last year .

I  pinched it lightly between my thumb & finger & it popped off easily  , head intact . I have a good magnifying glass to check it out later .

Probably not attached on me too long but now I can feel them crawling all over me   :unsure: ...they bug me  !!!

Be extra aware guys , looks like a bad year for them .....time to apply the "stuff" for these 'tick'ing time bombs ! 

If they are not black legged ticks.... Not to worry too much! The regular woid ticks dont carry Lyme!! But still!! Yeah! I hate them damn things!!!! 

How high was the grass Norton ?  They like the long grass near the lakes where I fish . I just cut my back yard ...about 3" tall & have never seen a tick , but one dropped from an overhead maple tree last year and landed on my arm ....probably came from a bird or squirrel .

Just saw a hawk trying to get at a blue jay's nest in a cedar tree close to the house ...a lot of noise from the jays & some grackles as well . I chased the hawk away

& see the jay is back on her nest of eggs or young ones.

Gill ....I took a good look at that tick with the mag,glass ...no black legs but it now has 2 black eyes !   :D

Worse than the 80s crab epidemic 😲🐑🦀.... quick shave....little bit of shampoo.....☠🤣🤣🤣

31 minutes ago, Jwl1 said:

Worse than the 80s crab epidemic 😲🐑🦀.... quick shave....little bit of shampoo.....☠🤣🤣🤣

JW...those crabs were good brookie bait .....  🦀  Some good shamepoo kept them away .....

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

How high was the grass Norton ?  They like the long grass near the lakes where I fish . I just cut my back yard ...about 3" tall & have never seen a tick , but one dropped from an overhead maple tree last year and landed on my arm ....probably came from a bird or squirrel .

Just saw a hawk trying to get at a blue jay's nest in a cedar tree close to the house ...a lot of noise from the jays & some grackles as well . I chased the hawk away

& see the jay is back on her nest of eggs or young ones.

Gill ....I took a good look at that tick with the mag,glass ...no black legs but it now has 2 black eyes !   :D

Grass isn’t to high just really wet in spots so I can’t cut it and then the orchard behind us harbours them too. You would think with all the pesticides being sprayed in notl we wouldn’t have as bad of a problem. 

6 minutes ago, DNorton said:

Grass isn’t to high just really wet in spots so I can’t cut it and then the orchard behind us harbours them too. You would think with all the pesticides being sprayed in notl we wouldn’t have as bad of a problem. 

A guy was telling me he sprays his yard with a flea/tick killer that works . I don't want to use it because we have a dog.....

I wonder if ticks are in the orchard trees the people who pick the fruit may have to protect themselves .

Archived