Lake erie/crystal beach

Jmaz4

Went out for my first trip of the year to lake erie yesterday. Really wanted to get into some walleye. We trolled from 7am till about 10 1030. Marked only 3 fish. Skunked!

Luckily we brought minnows also. Tried one spot, not even a bite. Only saw a couple fish caught while we lasted there. So we decided to make another move and try point abino. At about 12ish there were maybe about 15 boats . By 2 it had doubled in size. Marked huge schools. Ended up with 28 perch. Not bad for a couple hours of actually perch fishing. 

Even though we didnt find the walleye the perch made up for it! 

Tried to post pic of the fish fry but the file is too big. 

Saw a couple perch caught that were huge! Our biggest one was just over 12 inches. 

Great day on the water! 

2 hours ago, Jmaz4 said:

Went out for my first trip of the year to lake erie yesterday. Really wanted to get into some walleye. We trolled from 7am till about 10 1030. Marked only 3 fish. Skunked!

Luckily we brought minnows also. Tried one spot, not even a bite. Only saw a couple fish caught while we lasted there. So we decided to make another move and try point abino. At about 12ish there were maybe about 15 boats . By 2 it had doubled in size. Marked huge schools. Ended up with 28 perch. Not bad for a couple hours of actually perch fishing. 

Even though we didnt find the walleye the perch made up for it! 

Tried to post pic of the fish fry but the file is too big. 

Saw a couple perch caught that were huge! Our biggest one was just over 12 inches. 

Great day on the water! 

Thanks for the report, let's hope we do better this year on the Perch.

Where did you get your minnows, did Erie Tracker have any or Dominion Bait.

Thanks

5 hours ago, Fish Farmer said:

Thanks for the report, let's hope we do better this year on the Perch.

Where did you get your minnows, did Erie Tracker have any or Dominion Bait.

Thanks

Actually got them from petes tackle

34 minutes ago, Jmaz4 said:

Actually got them from petes tackle

Good to see they still have some .  Are they small minnows for perch or mixed in size .

I would like to get some large ones for the cats  or pike .

10 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Good to see they still have some .  Are they small minnows for perch or mixed in size .

I would like to get some large ones for the cats  or pike .

They were a pretty decent size actually but when i called to make sure they had some, they did mention it was their last order. Id be going to dominion or erie . 

Archived