Finally solved Gibby

DNorton

Been carping gibby almost 2 years now off and on with no luck ever. Different spots different baits and presentations, nada. Even went as far as asking advice in pm to help for fishing gibby. Until today! Went out with my son after dinner we decided to give gibby a try for carp as we hit St. John’s earlier in the day for pannies. After close to an hour I lift my rod to check the bait and sure enough line starts peeling out a good 50 yards. Didn’t expect it saw no signs must have just grabbed it as I was lifting the rod to rebait. After a brief fight was able to land my first gibby carp! Not a monster but it put up a great fight and was great to get the monkey off my back finally! Also props to my son who dropped his rod ran to the car for the net upon me saying I had hooked one  funny enough when we were unloading he asked if I wanted the net and me being the negative nelly I said we weren’t going to get into anyrhing worth netting  

anyways got out for 2.5 hours put one on the shore so I’m happy  

https://imgur.com/a/6lyDEwI

You would be surprised what you can catch in there once the water warms....big carp...big cats...I have seen but never caught gar pushing the 5 footer mark...and caught one of the biggest pike I have ever caught there in the 50 incher range.....sure fire way to hook something big....leave the net in the car 😆

It's fun to crack the code trying to target certain species in certain areas that's for sure....really makes you think about presentation and breaking down the water you are fishing....structure...current..depth..clarity...temps ect

Nice going  Norton ,  I haven't had any "luck" on that part of Gibby yet . Water is warming up now so I'll be trying a few shallow spots with the pack bait & corn puffs . Need to spray for ticks there ! ( had another one on my arm last night)

On 5/18/2019 at 10:53 PM, Bubba14 said:

Good for you! My first decent carp was there with Smerch as my witness!!

When will we meet up for your second one  ?  B)

On 5/19/2019 at 9:25 AM, DNorton said:

gibby eluded me for some reason so it’s nice to know that I have done it

Some good spots a Gib. that have lots of carp but the sudden drop off about 30' from shore make them hard to catch without raking your line to bits .

Nice to see your young man getting acquainted  with  carp fishing !  :Gonefishing:

Archived