Carp meet up

Tyler0420

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, DNorton said:

Unfortunately I’m not able to make it. Went on a 12 hour fishing trip today and left my amazing wife with our 4 kids all day so tomorrow I think I should stay home and give her a break. I expect to see a lot of pictures of some nice fish landed. 

Added my brown trout from today to give this thread some fish pr0n. 

5CB0BB78-A6A5-498B-B729-D7A1F3FA9495.jpeg

Nice brown. How many lbs?

Nice plump brown Norton ...congrats !   Might be nice roe in that old girl ?

Looks like a 10 pounder from here ....bigger than my last carp !  lol

On 5/22/2019 at 2:16 PM, Limey said:

I'll be there just to try and pick some brains,  been trying to learn to catfish with no luck 

I'll bring some worms ....just had another big splash of rain , should be a few worms floating in the yard . They will get you some cats Lime Bro.

I expect the water will be triple chocolate which may cut the carp bite ,  should pick up some cats .  I'll be wearing my rubber bottom boots ! 

Round 2 of rain for the day....it must be the weekend.....lol....but should be easy to pick some worms for tomorrow.....that's a beauty brown in that pic

3 minutes ago, DNorton said:

On boat weighed roughly 12lbs at Petes it weighed 10lb 14oz

That's a big brown !   Is that a derby entrant ?

Had to laugh....sitting around waiting for avondale to open.....for what do you ask?......my fishing bait for the day....Haha....on account of bait shops not being open in the morning early!!!!....now if we can talk them into installing a minnow tank we would be all set...lol....the lady at the store got a kick out of it too......now let's go fishin 🎣

27 minutes ago, Jwl1 said:

Had to laugh....sitting around waiting for avondale to open.....for what do you ask?......my fishing bait for the day....Haha....on account of bait shops not being open in the morning early!!!!....now if we can talk them into installing a minnow tank we would be all set...lol....the lady at the store got a kick out of it too......now let's go fishin 🎣

Jack Jack Jack  !!!  ....I got a bunch of worms last night ....real cheap too .  !   Do they give refunds for unused worms ?

On my way in 10 minutes ......    :Gonefishing:

It was a good morning for carping .  They seemed to like the puff/oat/corn combo deluxe . 

Good to meet up with the crew again .

Tyler ....thank for fixing the photo size ....hope this one appears ....

Largest of the day was over 17 lbs . (30")  , some had more p & v than others .

CDP CARP.jpg

Was pretty fun guys.....great to see some old faces from way back...not just smerchlies ole mug.....lol....a bit of catch up fishing talk with snags......and of course great to get acquainted with some new to me faces on the site....it was a day that reminds me of some of the old old nfn days......Tyler started the day off right away with a hog about 13lbs.....and then smerch gave us all a lesson.....you must first become one....grasshoppa......🦗🥋......for me...a little sunfish broke the skunk....Haha.....then it was 2 sheepies and a cat........bill must have seen a tear roll down my cheek....or didn't want to listen to me whining 😥...all the way home....so after the dinner bell was ringing on his line he hooked it and passed me the rod...........thanks again for the ride and bit of a catch up on old days smerch....and thanks a bunch Tyler for planting the bug.

I lucked out and when I got home..my awesome woman was doing my yardwork....so I got to sit back and enjoy a couple frosties and watch.....haha

What a nice day for the meet up. It was great meeting some new faces. The carp couldn’t resist smerchs oat blend. All decent size carp caught today.  Maybe jiggintroutnsalmon will make a video up and post it for us. 

Yeah I made a video and added one I caught the other day at a different location just so it's not all you guys!! Lol. That was alot of fun and nice to pick the brains of the more experienced carpers. It's on my YouTube which is FishinNiagara. If you guys are interested in the fish that where caught check it out. Hoping we can do this again sometime soon.

Nice meeting you today !   Nice going on landing that carp in a tight cluttered spot . 

Let me know when the royalties from the film come in ....I need a bigger carp rod !    B)

Hey that was a great video you put together, JiggingtroutNsalm!  I felt like I was there! 

And Bill, what can I say, you were the star of the show.  Some really nice fishies there!  And congratz on organizing the get-together Tyler.   A few laughs, a few fishies, and it don't get any better.

Archived