Ramp rant ...

smerchly

For those who drive in or out of St. Catharines via the QEW ...... there isn't much access left as these ramps will be closed .

Why so many at once ? .....  They should post a map for people to be able to pick the best way to get on or off the QEW .

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/news-story/9360330-qew-ramp-closures-throw-a-wrench-into-highway-trips/

Not just the QEW. 406 and 58 also have multiple constructions and closures. 1/2 of St Catharines is not open for business. Same thing happened last year to Thorold. Typical piss poor planning.

AND piss poor signage!!!

Coming northbound on the 406, I've been caught a couple of times wanting to turn eastbound on the QEW to get to exit on the Ontario St. off-ramp.

Coming northbound, you don't find out that eastbound 406 ramp is closed until AFTER you are past the Fourth Ave. exit!!!

Had to go west, and turn around at the Seventh St. exit.

Getting ready for higher speed limits ?  Some of those ramps may need longer lanes to enter/exit the hwy's , especially trucks,  ev's & schmart cars .  🏁

Talk about poor planning .....some of the spots where they place speed limit signs  on many roads makes me wonder  , who , how , what , :dunno:  ????

• 3 weeks later...

Good post smercho !   B)

Now ....about those E.V. 's .....   Why do they cost SO much ? They have a one speed tranny , no sensors for pollution control etc. ,no cat. converter , no muffler , no gas tank , no radiator , hoses , water pump , etc etc etc.The engine has only 20 % of the parts of a gas engine and less for transmissions . So why the BIG cost for a little bitty shoe box on wheels ??

I googled it and found the big cost is the battery ...then add the home charging plug....I think they can make a smaller better batter in the future . Then what about the loss of gas taxes ?   Big road tolls ?  High cost for license plates ?  Maybe pay for plates based on kms driven ? They will get us one way or another ....staring with the beloved hst on a $40 -50,000 E.V. which should cost $20,000.

Oh yes,  outboard engines will be next ....price could also be "shocking"   :o

1 hour ago, Steve_Guelph said:

Talking to a GM service tech today and he said the n

batteries in the Chevy volt are $18,000 to replace 🤪

HOLY  $h-t  !!   See ya when it can run on  AA batteries !  But maybe it will blow up cell phones ..... ^_^

Archived