Anyone fishing today?

curious

Went out of Crystal Beach this morning some big rollers with chop, searching for perch and my buddy "Ralph" came down with a case of sea sickness so in we went, chummed all the way back to the launch!

Nothing like a good day on the lake to make you feel like you are trying to walk on a waterbed hours after you get home from fishing 

4 hours ago, Surf and Turf said:

chummed all the way back to the launch!

Ugh !!  I know the feeling ....happened to me ONCE about 57 years ago ....Lake O ....rollers from N.E.

I said "neverrrrr again"  !!  I was right !

I went out early Monday. A gorgeous day. First time I've had beautiful flat water this season. The fishing was another story. I found a large school of perch and stayed right on top of them. They simply were not biting. I caught one every half hour and ended up with 10 nice ones. There were a ton of boats out there but I very seldom saw anyone bringing anything in. When I returned to the ramp I found I did better than most as everyone I talked to said they caught nothing.

We use to get the big jumbos in Fort Erie. Not no more. I think when all the guys that fished there passed on . They took them with them . LOL

Archived