Little session tonight

DNorton

Got out for a few hours tonight tried another new spot I’ve been scouting. Brought my secret pack bait mix with me tonight set up just before sunset. Within 20 minutes of first bait hitting the water fish on! A scrappy little guy that seemed to tell me tonight was going to be a good night. 

After rebaiting and casting out again within 10 minutes the line goes again, this time a little bullhead cat. Not what I’m after but was fun. Rebait and here we go again another cat. This went on for close to 30 minutes. Line hits the water and fish on within seconds. 

Not to be to frustrated with my luck I decided to cast a little farther out an within another 10 mins fish on! This time a decent sized carp! 

Rebait and cast again 2 minutes another fish on! Decent sized carp pulled the hook right as I tried to fanagle the net and rod at the bank. 

All in all a good 2.5 hours out. 5 catfish landed 3 carp. No pics of the cats because well they were nothing to write home about. Biggest being maybe 1lb? That’s if I’m pushing it ? Lol lost 2 more carp close to shore being a little to eager to pull them in. Anyways! Enjoy some pics. 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=c58d1ceca5b64ce3imageproxy.php?img=&key=c58d1ceca5b64ce3imageproxy.php?img=&key=c58d1ceca5b64ce3

4656C97E-6DD8-4C9E-A8D4-1BCB4D144D48.jpeg

AB033AD0-F3F5-4FB7-9308-E857BA7E2D02.jpeg

6ABA195F-F864-45FA-89FD-5D2E3D42CB41.jpeg

8B20B222-D6EA-4BFE-A026-E4C16A1FD5B3.jpeg

0F8D3CC7-ECF0-4F6C-9498-96FFD28DC6D3.jpeg

Looks like you had a great time !  Rod & reel look like my bait runner & Maddraggon rod.

I hope to have some luck tomorrow  . 

Sweeeeet!  Sounds like a busy night DNorton.  Glad that you were there when they were 'havin it!' 

Although I love the carp pics, I especially like the first pic because it sets the stage.  A quite night, lights on in the distance, gear set up and waiting for the bite.  Heaven!   

13 minutes ago, Mike Pike said:

Sweeeeet!  Sounds like a busy night DNorton.  Glad that you were there when they were 'havin it!' 

Although I love the carp pics, I especially like the first pic because it sets the stage.  A quite night, lights on in the distance, gear set up and waiting for the bite.  Heaven!   

Usually I bring my oldest with me but he didn’t want to fish tonight so I setup by myself and it was quite nice and peaceful. Was one of my better outings for sure 

Took my boy out today because he was mad at himself for not coming with me. Fished roughly 2 hours again. Landed 1 carp lost another. Both on his rod which made him feel a little better. 

069CA09E-3187-42AC-8A19-D267AC6F6570.jpeg

He is hooked. I picked up 2 doz worms on our way out, because let’s be honest holding kids attention is hard to do. Yet when that carp hit 10 minutes into our fishing trip we no longer had a use for the worms. 

Archived