Another carp day ..

smerchly

I wanted to try the Jordan marina for carp ...water is extremely high , over the banks ....looked inviting !  After 2 hours of nothingness I decided to move to more favourable spots . On the way out I saw a huge poplar tree , felled by a beaver laying parallel to the water & another cut half way through !  The service road was like the QEW , traffic is nuts due to all the exit closings from Lake St.to 7th !   By 11am I was on the bank again to try my luck ....first carp was a  good scrapper , 30" & 17 lbs...another went 15 lb, then one 14 lb & one about 12 lbs with a spine deformity , but still able to peel off some line .  The air temp. dropped very suddenly ( brrrr) and I put on my heavy shirt .

I met a very nice fellow there ...another carp enthusiast !  Steve ask me if I knew "Hammercarp"  He fished with him as well as Mark who was also a friend of Lorne . Steve had all the proper carp gear and I soon learned he was a very accomplished carp angler !  I could learn a lot from Steve .....hope he did well after I left .

my piggy for today.....and the hunchback carp

17lb.JPG

bent spine carp.jpg

Way to go, Smerch!  That's a nice pic of ya with that long, lean fightin' machine!! 

For a guy who catches a lot of fish, you don't get a lot of photos of you with the fish.  Was Steve there to do the honours?  

Yes Mike , Steve was just walking towards me as I was fighting the fish and netted it for me . ...very nice man !

When I brought out my camera he immediately asked if I would like him to take a picture for me .

My camera has a self timer and a tripod would be best to take the shots...sometimes a few attempts are needed when the fish are a bit "uncooperative "

13 hours ago, Mike Pike said:

long, lean fightin' machine!! 

As Mike said.....a 31" fish ...36" with lips extended !   Some carp have larger tail fins which gives them rocket power .

The water has warmed a tad and the carp are putting out more horsepower now , at least in the shallower waters I have fished .

They seem to like the old  3 year old corn puffs with the oat/cream corn , I like that they float off bottom and the carp smack them hard  ......need to find some fresh corn puffs since my local Bulk Barn doesn't sell them now....

It's your secret moonshine mash again....save some for the still this time.....lol...I am going to have to try and get out with you again soon

Archived