R.I.P

Lost our very special friend  Gunner today at the age of 10 1/2.years old He was a great family pet friend and hunting partner he will be missed.But i know he will always be with us R.I.P MY FRIEND off to the happy hunting grounds in heaven 

C07AC7A3-8AE7-4974-BA10-BB0613B27535.png

So sorry for your loss . It's not easy losing your dog at any age .  Gunner was a fine looking lab and 10 1/2 is not an old dog .

Our pets become family members and are treated as one .  We have many fond memories of all our passed dogs .

Take care Mike .

Thanks guys for the kind words and i will admit this will take me some time to get over as he was just one of the boys he enjoyed duck hunting more than i did and i loved it especially with him by my side .Thanks for letting me vent guys fishingking i have been through it a few times and it never gets easier especially Gunner as we did have a special bond when a buddy couldn't hunt he was always there to fill in no matter what THANKS AGAIN GUYS IT MEANS A LOT TO ME FOR YOUR KIND WORDS

My heart goes out to you gunner. It's a horrible thing to go through and it almost makes you not want to get another one to avoid going through this pain again. My daughter has a German short-haired pointer that I love and he is absolutely insane for me. Although he's only 4 years old, I am already dreading the day he will no longer be with us. I guess we just have to march on and hold those memories dear to us.

Amen verado  !   A dog's life is much too short for the pleasure and love they unconditionally give......

Our last dog was 7 when we adopted him & died at 11 . Our present dog Maggie was also 7 when we got her from the Welland Humane Society , some health problems but we keep on top of it .  The " dreaded" years come much to early ..... They depend on us 100% for their care and happiness .

Your so right verado we are thinking in time we will get another pup not ready yet we still have gunners daughter but we can tell she is lost and and very sad if it keeps up we MIGHT  get one sooner for her. Gunner can't  be replaced that is for sure but a new pup will be loved just as much .smerchly your so right too a dogs life is much to short and we know this so we give them every ounce of love we have and thats why it hurts so bad to let them go

THANKS VERADO FOR YOUR KIND WORDS

Sorry about the loss of your dog. Our pets, are our family and his lost is like any other family member. I love animals and have gone through the loss as well. Take a bit of time, and get yourself another young pup that you can groom into being your pal and best friend. Best of luck, and sorry for your loss.

Thanks DaveC your so right they are family .we will be taking  time but will be getting another pup but this time i can have my grandson tag along with the training of the pup to retrieve ducks

So sorry to hear about your loss.  It is the so tough when they go since they are literally part of our every day life and doing daily activities with us (and always with us) - especially our working/hunting labs.  I feel the same way as others who have posted here.  We just need to enjoy the time we can with them and let their memories live on.  These dogs make us better people and truly enrich our lives.  You will know when the time is right to get another.  RIP Gunner

Archived