kid fish'n

slowski

Hi all,

Hoping to take a few young first time fisherman/women out this weekend. Looking to do a little shore fishing with a bobber and gook, nothing fancy. High water levels have me questioning where to take them (kids as young as 6). Any suggestions would be great, thinking of potentially jordan harbor, beaverdams, or the rec canal but any insight or suggestions would be helpful.

tight lines!

Where you coming from?...I may be able to lend some advice where to take the kids in probs

The quarries in Port Colborne on Quarry Road south of Hwy 3. There are a TON of sunnies in there willing to bite. I haven't been there yet this year but they have never disappointed in the past. Drops right off and you'll be fishing on a stone bank so lots of eyes on the kids and possibly life jackets. The quarry on the west side and the south bank has worked best for me.

Firemans park is right in the Falls. Always had your regular panfish/ course fish and about as safe as it gets. Lots of room to explore if they get bored

10 hours ago, Bubba14 said:

The quarries in Port Colborne on Quarry Road south of Hwy 3. There are a TON of sunnies in there willing to bite. I haven't been there yet this year but they have never disappointed in the past. Drops right off and you'll be fishing on a stone bank so lots of eyes on the kids and possibly life jackets. The quarry on the west side and the south bank has worked best for me.

Be careful where you park when at the quarry. The wainfleet parking police patrol the area regularly.

Fireman’s park is awesome for kiddos. That’s how I got my kids hooked. If you go past the initial park and down the hill across the tracks there is another parking lot. A little bit of a walk to the pond but all kinds of sunfish and bass and carp in there. I usually bring light weight setup for carp while the kids fish and it makes for an entertaining day. You can also go to the end of Dorchester and park and there is stairs right down to the pond just gotta follow the trail. Hope it helps. 

Here’s a picture of a nice carp my boy got to haul in on my rod  

7406BFD2-D569-40C8-ADF1-14E89AC76F64.jpeg

Archived