Jordan Harbour

outdoorrick

Has anyone fished from a boat in the back of Jordan Harbour...used to be my go to spot almost every week by the trestle but seldom see any one out there any more...I am talking 15 to 20 years ago

I have many times. Went out in a canoe a couple times this spring and a boat last spring. Caught lots of catfish (it's on my YouTube). No gas motors past the trainbridge. It's great spot for monster cats well over 20 pounds. Cut bait is key there. Cut sucker pieces or large minnows in half on bottom. Also pike and carp in there but I feel the catfish rule the roost at the harbour. Here's a cat close to 30 pounds I caught there last year.

Screenshot_20190613-104200.png

That's unbeleeeeevable.....never saw a cat that big in Niagara , including the Welland .R. or Grand  !   

Looks like a cold water cat too !...been fishing Jordan for over 60 years...never saw a cat over 22 lbs.there...

Congrats !    

....got my biggest carp there too....   :Gonefishing:

I've got a favorite bay in the harbour that you can only fish from a boat. We get twenties every year 3 years in a row now from it...  This one was a special fish though it was absolutely huge. Never seen a channel cat this big either. It was one of maybe 30 fish we caught that day between 3 guys. It was late April last year so yes still pretty cold but not frost in the morning cold. Great fish and day. One I won't soon forget. Congrats on the pb carp. How big was it?? Some real monster carp in there.....

The carp was my first that broke the 30#  mark by an ounce ..... haven't come close since .

Back in the 50's we walked the CNR tracks from St.Catharines to the trestle at Jordan ....caught lots of cats & some carp there .

We rented flat bottomed steel boats with oars for a buck from the marina and fished all day out there ....some black people would be out there catching catfish from the boats.

Jordan harbour was once known to be a great bass fishery , many  tourny's held there . It's shallower now from years of silt from land erosion.....hard to believe some trout come in there from the lake.

Lots of trout in Jordan. Caught 5 or 6 rainbows and browns on opener this year fishing the stream up near the campground. My buddy got 3 or 4 as well. Never see anyone float fishing it though . Weird.....as for bass ive only ever seen one or two come out of Jordan in the past 4 or 5 years although I never really target them there.

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:49 AM, JiggingtroutNsalmon said:

Lots of trout in Jordan. Caught 5 or 6 rainbows and browns on opener this year fishing the stream up near the campground. My buddy got 3 or 4 as well. Never see anyone float fishing it though . Weird.....as for bass ive only ever seen one or two come out of Jordan in the past 4 or 5 years although I never really target them there.

Was the water dirty? Seems like it was always dirty and high this year.

Water is always chocolate milk at the harbour,your never gonna go and find clear water. Max 3 inches vis but don't let that discourage you. They are there. Out of 3 trips there this spring only one was successful so it's kinda hit or miss but the one that was successful we did great and caught multiple rainbows and browns. Maybe 7 or 8 fish between 2 guys in a couple hours. We where using rainbow roe cured in pickling salt. They seem to really like it.

Archived