2 rods for carp

DNorton

https://ero.ontario.ca/notice/019-0130 

link to to the article what are your thoughts on the possible change in regulations for carp fishing. Myself personally I don’t like it to many people will probably be fishing with 2 rods for other things and say they’re fishing for carp. That and I’ve grown to have an great respect for carp fishing and carp themselves and I feel this will take away from the hidden gem that is southern Ontario carp fishing. Thoughts ?  

This probably has something to do with the world cup carp classic. I was watching one of the fishing shows on saturday mornings and they were talking about this.

Because were only.allowed 1 rod. Canada as a country will never be allowed to host this event. 

Even though i do not carp fish its a pretty cool event. 

http://www.worldcarpclassic.com

There was a guy and two women on welland river by Merritt last Sunday with 9 rods between them,  the amount of doo-doo they'd left behind when I went back the next day was unbelievable. 

7 hours ago, Limey said:

There was a guy and two women on welland river by Merritt last Sunday with 9 rods between them,  the amount of doo-doo they'd left behind when I went back the next day was unbelievable. 

That’s frustrating! The last 2 times I’ve been out I’ve brought a grocery bag with me and filled garbage from my spots. 2 days between fishing the same spot and the amount of garbage is unbelievable. To the fact my son tripped on some tangled line and fell in the water. Funny yes but irritating. Tim’s cups and worm boxes and fishing line mainly. 

On 6/16/2019 at 7:56 AM, Tyler0420 said:

Looks like two rods for carp fishing will be a go next year.  

It would be nice to try different baits with 2 rods, but when fishing solo from shore and both rods hook a carp .....   :wacko:..

We also have more and more electronics now which pretty well tell us where the fish are......easier to find/catch more fish these days ,why worry if some are using more than one rod....maybe a license for every rod to make the mnr happy ?

Two rods for carp shore fishing ?....or one for carp and toss lures for bass, pike or perch etc. with the other rod ?  I could take my wife and have 4 carp rods ...could cause a riot !:o

agreed /\ /\

just make it two rods across the board

your allowed 2 fishing from a boat on the great lakes but you cant use 2 fishing from shore on the great lakes.... stupid

your limit is the same if your keeping

4 hours ago, smerchly said:

It would be nice to try different baits with 2 rods, but when fishing solo from shore and both rods hook a carp .....   :wacko:..

We also have more and more electronics now which pretty well tell us where the fish are......easier to find/catch more fish these days ,why worry if some are using more than one rod....maybe a license for every rod to make the mnr happy ?

Two rods for carp shore fishing ?....or one for carp and toss lures for bass, pike or perch etc. with the other rod ?  I could take my wife and have 4 carp rods ...could cause a riot !:o

Two rods will only be for carp fishing and I believe it’s another license also. The guy who wrote the rules was at the tourney on the weekend. No lures no power baits only carp specific baits will be allowed. Rods can’t be more the 20’ apart.   Now we’ll be able to host the World Cup. 

Using 2 carp lines 20' apart can cause problems when spots are tight especially .  Some will resent an angler taking more bank space . If another carp hits the other line you have no control if the carp runs amok to the next anglers lines .  If you have a buddy he could grab the second rod.....Some spots require rods to be set almost vertical like fishing Lake Ont. from a sandy beach ....two rods could be a problem .

As I have learned since I started to carp fish , it's a whole new way to shore fish....chumming , using new rig set ups and special reels (bait runners), and rods, alarms, etc. I think most carp anglers would prefer to keep it as is....I'm in......:Gonefishing:

Keep it as is and we’ll never be able to host the World Cup.  We’re the only country that don’t allow two rods for carp fishing.  I don’t see two rods being a problem. If the fishing is hot then who’s going to use two rods anyways. Most guys use rod pods and will have two rods set up on the same pod and not actually 20’ apart and that rule isn’t set in stone  either. 

I’m all for the rule change. 

3 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Keep it as is and we’ll never be able to host the World Cup.  We’re the only country that don’t allow two rods for carp fishing.  I don’t see two rods being a problem. If the fishing is hot then who’s going to use two rods anyways. Most guys use rod pods and will have two rods set up on the same pod and not actually 20’ apart and that rule isn’t set in stone  either. 

I’m all for the rule change. 

Only country??  the 2 rod thing is provincial legislation is it not ? If it goes through we will see a big increase in people supposedly fishing carp.

Given the intellect of some of the fishermen out here, I can see a problem with this at spots with limited shore area.

Even though your rod may be within 20' of the next, it doesn't mean that the line is strait out and 20' apart, those lines could be 50' apart or even more. You won't have them close together and risk getting tangled when you hook a fish.

12 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

I’m all for the rule change. /

Do these other countries only have carp in those waters ?  As Dave said , others may use 2 rods for other species...then make 2 rods legal for all shore fishing  ?

If the rules were strict enough it could work ( with ethical carp anglers)  . Make carp rod holders mandatory ...rods 2' apart , not 20'.If another carp hits the second rod while fighting a carp the line is held low to the bottom & may not tangle with the other carp on line.

Tyler.....any video's demonstrating 2 fish hooked simultaneously ?  It would be interesting to see . I can easily agree to the idea when used in carp tournaments ...

Archived