Full time fishing

DaveC

Just been put on long term disability due to issues with my knees. Don't plan on returning to work, going to let that run its course and retire. Full time fishing is going to be where its at for me. Going to be nice not having to deal with crowds, and cant wait to hit the fall steelhead haunts during the week. Im going to chase some resident fish until then. Get out of bed now, and don't remember what day it is...lol. Can get around ok, just cant do the whirlpool and hikes like that anymore. More of a park n fish type of guy now...lol. 

Welcome to the codger's club Dave !   It's great to toss the clocks away  !  Eat when you're hungry , sleep when you're tired .......

and fish whenever you want !   Grab a carp rod....a chair ....and a can of corn.......   relax !      :D

2 hours ago, smerchly said:

Welcome to the codger's club Dave !   It's great to toss the clocks away  !  Eat when you're hungry , sleep when you're tired .......

and fish whenever you want !   Grab a carp rod....a chair ....and a can of corn.......   relax !      :D

I’ll be surprised if I ever see Dave carp fishing. 

Hey Dave maybe a new hobby for you since most carp spots are park n fish. What’s better 20lb carp or a half pound rezi.  Hope to see a method feeder and pack bait next time we fish hahaha.  

3 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

I’ll be surprised if I ever see Dave carp fishing. 

I was almost 70 when the carp bit me ....As I sit here ,  my mind is contemplating tossing a line in the lake ,only 50' away ......can corn in the cupboard  .....:)

....no carp rod , but my eye rod can handle big eyes & drum here .....worth a shot from the nice bench at the water .

Dave....you need to try something more challenging , if your arms are in good shape....B)

3 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Try it out smerch. Maybe you’ll have your new pb out of quinte. 

I've seen carp and gar cruising the shore here Ty

The water is semi - tea clear and about 4-5' deep ....weeds are starting to show ....lots of bait fish jumping after the millions of little moths over the water .

Maybe the carp are feeding on them as well .... Water is much calmer now after bad winds tore out some docks ...

8 hours ago, RJR said:

Hey Smerch, The last time I was at Mohawk Bay I noticed across the street there is a pond and it was just loaded with carp swimming around.

Yes Rick , it's flooded well into the fields now ....property there now for sale !  Will have to give it a go at the bridge , only a 5 minute walk !

We have it all here !!  :D

Humdinger drum !  Pound per pound they scrap better than the eyes .We have caught some over 10 lbs. here .big cats as well .

I was "trying"" to use my X8 silver / blue Kwik fish for shore pike ,bass etc. but could not get it to work properly....tried with a leader , with a loop knot , snell knot and adjusting the position of the knot , bending the eye on the lure , adding shot in front , but it still goes wonky !  I thought they float , but this one slowly sinks....maybe water got inside or the rattle throws it out of balance .....it worked fine when I used it before .....I did remove the center treble as it was hanging up on the dorsal area all the time , maybe something to do with it . sunfish and perch seem to like the wonky action .

That's my morning rant , coming to you from the east side......:angry:..............:Gonefishing:

Archived