Carpin tonight.

Tyler0420

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DNorton said:

I’m headed out tonight to fish for a bit. Picked up one of them thermocell things. Going to give it a go see if my luck improves all whilst not getting eaten alive 

Good luck with the thermocell. Heard they work great. 

Fished Beaverdams tonight with my son, 2 hours tonight went 0 for 1 for a little excited and pulled the hook. That was it for the action tonight other then the bank getting crowded. Was a little frustrating fished maybe 30 minutes and 2 other guys came down to fish, made some small talk and they setup opposite side which was great. Lots of room in between, then another man and son came down and decided to setup between us. And fish on my left side. On my right side between me and my son and the. On my sons right side all within 2 to 3 ft of our lines and bait. Didn’t seem to understand what he was doing or didn’t care. Frustrated we packed up and headed home. Had I been by myself might have been a different story but my son my present and I showed him it’s better to be the bigger man. 

Anyways here’s the pic, next time out I’m headed hammy harbour I think. 

EC08C416-0AA3-49F5-B70C-A61C0A0F13E9.jpeg

" Didn't seem to understand or care "............   or both . I would just leave , not worth my time talking to these people .

Lots of other spots in that area .  Good on ya for not drowning the idiot .....B)

The water level looks very low there , what a contrast to the lakes !  

7 hours ago, smerchly said:

" Didn't seem to understand or care "............   or both . I would just leave , not worth my time talking to these people .

Lots of other spots in that area .  Good on ya for not drowning the idiot .....B)

The water level looks very low there , what a contrast to the lakes !  

Yea looking back on it I should have packed up and tried a different spot as soon as the bank became crowded. My son loves that spot because that’s where he’s had most of his luck. 

The water level was really low I was surprised aswell. Next time different spot not as frustrated now that I got to sleep on it. Haha 

Ya, that looks like a nice, family friendly swim to fish, Norton.  When respectful anglers are fishing, the bank space isn't an issue and everyone spaces themselves at a respectable distance from their neighbour.  But it just takes one, doesn't it.

Anyhoo, thanks for the report and good luck to you and your son. 

11 hours ago, DNorton said:

Fished Beaverdams tonight with my son, 2 hours tonight went 0 for 1 for a little excited and pulled the hook. That was it for the action tonight other then the bank getting crowded. Was a little frustrating fished maybe 30 minutes and 2 other guys came down to fish, made some small talk and they setup opposite side which was great. Lots of room in between, then another man and son came down and decided to setup between us. And fish on my left side. On my right side between me and my son and the. On my sons right side all within 2 to 3 ft of our lines and bait. Didn’t seem to understand what he was doing or didn’t care. Frustrated we packed up and headed home. Had I been by myself might have been a different story but my son my present and I showed him it’s better to be the bigger man. 

Anyways here’s the pic, next time out I’m headed hammy harbour I think. 

EC08C416-0AA3-49F5-B70C-A61C0A0F13E9.jpeg

Nice that you got out. Sucks about the crowd. Atleast you got one hook up. I spent two days in the sun without a pull.  

Going to put some time into the grand river in brantford. Fished this evening from 330-715 with no takes. Going to keep at it though. Fished with two other guys that will hopefully join the forum. 

C2438D22-27EB-48B8-B6AB-F5DDC67A645F.jpeg

Looks like a beauty spot !   ....gravel bottom , current , deep ?   ....reminds me of the Whirlpool at Niagara where some lunkers lunk !  

Good luck !   :Gonefishing:

Definitely a Rocky bottom. Probably 5fow. Not too strong of current. Using 1.5oz method feeder and it’s staying in place. Two guys in a canoe launched right beside and and anchored on our baits.  So my next cast I asked them to move over and no problem they did.  Glad they were good about it. 

Yep , they were good about it AFTER they saw your rod propped up high and spooked your swim .....  :wacko:

....but good to see they saw their "error" and  gave you some elbow room .... As I mention from time to (after) time ....we need some etiquette  "guidance" in the fishing reg.book with garbage , etc included on the FIRST page ....then  write a test to make sure it was read ....then  $$$ FAT FINES$$ for those who did "no comprende"   :slap:

I like using the puff corn for rocky bottoms since it floats over the rocks and doesn't get lost between the rocks or picks up debris from the bottom....also can use the rubber floating corn as well .  I think there's carp in there  ?  ...any sightings Tyler ?

.....not sure who sells the puff corn ....got mine a few years ago at bulk barn (no gots now)  Maybe a health food store has some ......

54 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Yep , they were good about it AFTER they saw your rod propped up high and spooked your swim .....  :wacko:

....but good to see they saw their "error" and  gave you some elbow room .... As I mention from time to (after) time ....we need some etiquette  "guidance" in the fishing reg.book with garbage , etc included on the FIRST page ....then  write a test to make sure it was read ....then  $$$ FAT FINES$$ for those who did "no comprende"   :slap:

I like using the puff corn for rocky bottoms since it floats over the rocks and doesn't get lost between the rocks or picks up debris from the bottom....also can use the rubber floating corn as well .  I think there's carp in there  ?  ...any sightings Tyler ?

.....not sure who sells the puff corn ....got mine a few years ago at bulk barn (no gots now)  Maybe a health food store has some ......

I still have the puff corn you gave me. Yes there’s definitely carp in there. Seen other people catch them over the years and the guy I was fishing with has caught them up to 22lbs. 

Haven't you tried one yet ?   They can go on the hair or hook , I just push a pin through them to slide them on the hair ... need to check them about 15 minutes when in current (gobies, cats, ect.) & they get soft & soggy after 5 minutes  under the water .They will pop up to the surface if they come off the hook .

Go get them !  

1 hour ago, DNorton said:

I’ve tried the pop up floating corn and I’m not sure it pulls it off the bottom enough.  I prefer pop ups to be honest. 

Those little foam beads they use inside roe bags could make a meatball float ....so there should be no problem keeping baits afloat.

Nice job ...and 11 to go  !   ha !  

Channel cats are good eating , from clean waters .....Cajuun style . I used to pick some up at Tops , U.S.A.

I was thinking about my pineapple scented maize last night while we were eating Hawaiian pizza with lots of pineapple & ham ....with a cold one !  :)

Lots of big carp , channel cats and drum in these waters but everyone is after the eyes that can't hold a candle to any of them in the "ring"

i fished local for a few hours and caught a scrappy 4-5lber. Fought better then the 19lb one I got last night took me all over the river. The two best fights have been from the grand Their much stronger then lake fish. 

B68F432B-709A-47CF-9B9B-9315288A0307.png

They sure have a lot of spunk in faster water ....maybe they are more "fit" ...lean & mean  ! I have had a riot catching them at the local 12 Mile Creek .They use the current to their advantage and sometimes I can't budge them .   The same spots also have some nice channels & drums that can beak an arm !

8 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Ya I thought I was going to beat my pb with this fish. Then a scrappy 5lber shows up. 

Steroids !    

Many , or most of the big girls have left our spots and headed out to the big lake .....or are in deeper water .

I AM missing fishing for carp ......   not much interest in the walleye here....don't keep over 4 lbs.,  but like drifting 3 way baits for anything with fins .....

Archived