At the Bay

smerchly

It's amazing what you can buy at the reserve in Shannonville.....We bought a new fridge there today ....no tax (right up my alley)  !   Looking through the town , you can buy anything from pickerel to yep , a fridge !  Some of the names are original and funny , like "Smoke on the Water" , Smokin Joes , The Weed shop ....lots of weed shops here .....We can buy a 40#der of whiskey , big bag of cigs , lumber , furniture , food,  jewels,  and of course gas & propane .....all tax free .They do a booming business . I can get my worms as well and NO TAX on them as well  !!!  It's well worth our 15 minute drive to stock up on anything we need .....so nice to give our greedy government the finger !  I'm checking out the area for bait/tackle shops ....I would think these talented people would make some good tackle that is used at Quinte for both both summer & winter fishing .....will post again if I find any ...lots of yard sales in Deseronto as well , should be some fishing gear ....:Gonefishing:

...a fishing note.....I'm watching 3 guys come in with a 5 gal pail full or nice eyes with some tails over the top ...got their limit of 12 fish...lots of eyes coming out of here.

On 7/22/2019 at 6:35 PM, Tyler0420 said:

What’s the price of gas there smerch?

It has gone up to $1.14  ....not sure if the carbon tax is applied to reserve gas .

..........and ....THEY SERVE YOU,  and very friendly I might add . B)

• 4 weeks later...

40 oz of domestic whiskey...I’m curious as to whatthey sell that for.i know they sell pretty much everything ..but the booze? What about a case of beer smerchly?is there a reserve or band brew?

i thirstily await your response! 🍻

13 hours ago, fredfisher said:

40 oz of domestic whiskey...I’m curious as to whatthey sell that for.i know they sell pretty much everything ..but the booze? What about a case of beer smerchly?is there a reserve or band brew?

i thirstily await your response! 🍻

Sorry for late response , wifi has been real bad so I'm now outside with the laptop , better signal .

I don't know much about the beer - rye situation Fred ,  prob.don't make it here but maybe they can buy it tax free from the lcbo ?  ...and why not , they can buy a new truck and skip the tax .  I'll ask the lady who bought some whisky what she paid for the 40# bottle & what brand .....I bought a case of good ol' Laker Red Friday, & paid full price $33 ...& it's better beer than that  "premium" pony piss Corona Mona !

Hold tight FFisher ...

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2019 at 10:02 AM, smerchly said:

Hold tight FFisher ...

Did you get to the bottom ok the whisky pricing @ Shannonville??

🍹 curiosity has got the better of me! 

FF

12 minutes ago, fredfisher said:

Did you get to the bottom ok the whisky pricing @ Shannonville??

🍹 curiosity has got the better of me! 

FF

Talked to the lady next to us & she said they have a distillery there and she said a 60# of rye , vodka etc . was $40 .

I don't know if that is a deal or not ....I haven't bought booze in 20+ years .

If you are passing through that area  ask any pot shop where the booze is  .....around a corner & down a lane way .   Cheers   🍻 

It's a town where you can buy just about anything we buy at our super duper stores . I'm sure the booze is regulated like our LCBO for safety sake . The people who live close to that area are lucky to be able to make their paychecks go further . If you don't catch any eyes , they have frozen fillets ready to go at a good price .....( much cheaper than  catching them yourself considering all the costs )  :Gonefishing:

Next time I go to fill my 30# propane tank , I'll  spend some time checking out that unique "city" for tackle ,etc.  There are shops where they sell nice jewellery ,etc .  made by the Mohawk people .  (Tyendenaga )

Archived