Finally!!!! Sugarloaf friday night.

Jmaz4

It finally all came together! Keep in mind I have only been trolling for walleye for past 2 years. Im a rookie! 

After always launching at crystal beach and the most walleye weve ever caught is 5 in an outting. We switched and went to out of sugarloaf in port after getting some good advice. 

Anyways we headed out at about 530 last night. Had our first fish in 20 mins. And a couple more in the next half hour. Had 4 rods out on dipseys all with harnesses. 

It slowed down a bit. Notices the copper harness was getting touched more so i threw on the bronze ripplin red fin tipped with a worm. It wasnt in the water for 2 mins and it got smashed.

Switched to 3 ripplin red fins and one bomber. All tipped with worms. The action was insane for a rookie like myself. At one point we only had 1 rod in the water. 

Ended out the night with 13 walleye! 2 limits!!!!!!!! We missed atleast 5 fish. So we could of had our 3 man limit but oh well. I can say it was my best day fishing on lake erie for walleye! 

Fished 65 to 70fow right out front of sugarloaf. Get out there! 

Cheers!

20190726_233253.jpg

Congrats jmaz well done ! Ive been fish erie for 25 years steady and still have slow days .cant dictate the bite.sometimes you can be right over them and they wont touch a thing .weather shuts them down .but when its on its awesome! 

8 hours ago, Tony said:

That's great'''''  What time did you want us over for a fish fry????

Enough fish there to feed NFN   !   Don't forget the cheeks ( poor man's oysters)   

You really lucked out and are now an accomplished eye catcher !   Enjoy your bounty !   

Unfortunately we split between 3 guys and my family goes nuts over fish frys.

Going to cook them up tomorrow. Having my mom her bf, my nana , my mother in law and my wifes uncle over. 

Geeze hopefully i get a piece or two! 

Ill snap a pic and post the feast! 

This is what makes fishing great!

Cheers!

Archived