Toronto carpin

Tyler0420

Going to Toronto to drop my gf off at a concert and I’m going to fish while she’s there.  Has anyone fished the tommy Thompson park/ashbridges bay area? Looks like a ton of water to fish I just don’t know where to start.   Any access points or parking spots would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks guys

We are losing access to a waterways everywhere  from Erie to the Kawarthas...our politicos have yachts themselves . They want the waterfront for their play ground.  ....money  :blahblah1:  I can't wait to do some carping when I come home ....fish for dinner  again today ( perch) ,,,,checking under my ears for gills ...

...lard thunderin ////and lightenin  ...all set to do some fishing  & it's pouring rain ....subsiding now ....looks good to go in an hour ....that's the perils of being a fisher people ,,,,   :Gonefishing:

That really sucks you didn’t get into any good carp. I heard and I could be mistaken but along toronto island is great carping. At least you got to do something you enjoy while not having to endure a concert you wouldn’t I presume 

2 hours ago, DNorton said:

That really sucks you didn’t get into any good carp. I heard and I could be mistaken but along toronto island is great carping. At least you got to do something you enjoy while not having to endure a concert you wouldn’t I presume 

Ya I’m not into slipknot, if I had more time to adventure around I’m sure I’d find a spot but it was all new to me. 

On 8/21/2019 at 7:27 AM, smerchly said:

We are losing access to a waterways everywhere  from Erie to the Kawarthas...our politicos have yachts themselves . They want the waterfront for their play ground.  ....money  :blahblah1:  I can't wait to do some carping when I come home ....fish for dinner  again today ( perch) ,,,,checking under my ears for gills ...

...lard thunderin ////and lightenin  ...all set to do some fishing  & it's pouring rain ....subsiding now ....looks good to go in an hour ....that's the perils of being a fisher people ,,,,   :Gonefishing:

Agreed Smerch! In my neck of the woods they are destroying a great park(confederation park in Stoney creek) to put in a regulation size cricket field and 13 or so pickle ball courts. All green space will be gone soon and popular fishing areas gone.  

10 hours ago, Captain Hooksets said:

Ps. What the hell is pickle ball ?

It's a new game ,tossing dill pickles to a person 20' away and catch them with your teeth .....

....similar to badminton  ....🎾

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickleball

On 8/21/2019 at 6:44 AM, Tyler0420 said:

Couldn’t find anywhere to fish really everything is blocked off by yacht clubs. Ended up chucking spoons at the mouth of the Humber river with no luck.  

I'll be back to carping sooner than expected Tyler....having a tough time with the doggie  , needs to go home ....closing up in a few days , lots of work & packing to do .  Had a good day on the water yesterday , drifting the 10'6" light rod with 20km west winds....3 drum , 1 eye , 1 nice perch , a beauty sunfish & 25 -30 white bass ,some real scrappers .  Pulling boat shortly to pack the light stuff .....   It will be great to go carping soon !   :Gonefishing:

2 hours ago, smerchly said:

I'll be back to carping sooner than expected Tyler....having a tough time with the doggie  , needs to go home ....closing up in a few days , lots of work & packing to do .  Had a good day on the water yesterday , drifting the 10'6" light rod with 20km west winds....3 drum , 1 eye , 1 nice perch , a beauty sunfish & 25 -30 white bass ,some real scrappers .  Pulling boat shortly to pack the light stuff .....   It will be great to go carping soon !   :Gonefishing:

It’ll be nice to get out with ya carping. I hope the doggie is ok.  

4 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

It’ll be nice to get out with ya carping. I hope the doggie is ok.  

Maggie is fine thanks , except for high blood pressure (meds) .She's a great loving dog with all people ,but a holy terror with ANY animal , bird , reptile or insect !!   If she gets loose ....she will go after anything and fight ....now wonder she has HBP !!..(me too) !!....can't break her of it so it's back home to her OWN back yard .  We have to give up the trailer ...getting it ready for winter now .....hope I remember how to tie a hair rig ......

4 hours ago, smerchly said:

Maggie is fine thanks , except for high blood pressure (meds) .She's a great loving dog with all people ,but a holy terror with ANY animal , bird , reptile or insect !!   If she gets loose ....she will go after anything and fight ....now wonder she has HBP !!..(me too) !!....can't break her of it so it's back home to her OWN back yard .  We have to give up the trailer ...getting it ready for winter now .....hope I remember how to tie a hair rig ......

Looking forward to the reports and hopefully catch ya out on the water around here 

Archived