Tough couple of days at the office

knightfisher

Was out a few hours a couple of days over Labour day weekend.
On Sunday, met up with Tyler, Bill, and Joe. While there was plenty
to talk about, not so with the fish. Only two carp caught between
the four of us. Still it was nice to get out with the guys and meet Tyler.
On Monday tried Gibson again for a few hours with Joe, and managed
two small carp. 9 and 10 lbs.  Carp fishing has been tough this year,
but then again so are pike which I target a lot.
:Gonefishing:

DSCN4076.JPG

DSCN4078.JPG

Yes Dan , the office girls aren't being very co-operative  . We wine and dine them with the very best food and they play hard to get !

The few pictures I have seen show their bellies have nice abs ....we need to fatten them up  ! 

I'm a little stiff today ....   ....   been climbing a ladder painting the house ,  might have to take a break and chase those girls tomorrow .

Looks like a tough spot to fish Tyler ....using pop ups to keep out of the algae ?

I'm doing a snoop day today but will have my Maddraggon & a can of corn handy ....

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

Looks like a tough spot to fish Tyler ....using pop ups to keep out of the algae ?

I'm doing a snoop day today but will have my Maddraggon & a can of corn handy ....

The weeds are only right there on shore so no biggie. 

3 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

The weeds are only right there on shore so no biggie. 

I fished a spot this morning with weeds 5-8' wide at the shore . ...went 4 for 5 carp . Two went into the weeds but keeping a steady pull weeded them out and into the net . Lots of carp in there now ....lost one that peeled off the most line ( probably over 30 lbs)  ;)

Just using JGG P&C can corn... worked great ....a few small bites cleaned the corn off the hair , could be gobies , will take some maize next time.

Argh! All this talk of fishing I can’t seem to catch a break and get out! Back in school part time and working full time no time for fishing. Keep the reports coming so I can live vicariously through you guys until I can get some time on the water 

Those 8 canons should bring a few up from the bottom Tyler  !  And I heard that carp know the sound of alarms now and head for deep water !  haha

I reversed my mono line today , got the rod all set up with a fresh hair rig and 1 oz. egg sinker for tomorrow morning . Taking both can corn & maize to see which one works best .

Get the morning session in and paint the rest of the house .....then .....going to fish with worms for a day , chasing eyes, bass , cats , drum or .......

1 hour ago, Mike Pike said:

Dang, sorry about your luck Tyler.  Good on ya for scouting around and looking for 'em.  It's only a matter of time til you're rewarded, I'll bet.

Smerch, ya, Tyler's one pic looks like battle turrets off a battle ship, eh?

They look like light poles the they took down and laid over some rocks with the black blanket stuff on top.  A way to reuse and make a new home for some birds or something.  

Archived