Gas in Fort Erie

w1w

...long story as short as possible. Boat tank was drained in May...8% ethanol. Started using ethanol free 87 regular at CTC in Fort Erie...perfect! Some of you may only use premium but I've been using regular 'whatever' since I bought my 2002-115hp-4 stroke Merc in 2004. I haven't had it in a shop for more than 10 years. This year, it cost me over $600 to eliminate fuel as an issue for the motor. Lyrette Marine in Fort Erie was fair on labour and parts. I spoke to the manager(?) at the station, a couple days ago because I saw a new little sign below the digital price that says 'may contain up to 10% ethanol'. I went in and asked about it because it wasn't there the last time. Anyways, the 'manager' told me that their car gets 68 kms per tank, better mileage with the ethanol free gas. I've been using the regular in my truck and boat motor since May. Now, this is about to change. Depending on where the gas comes from, there could be ethanol in 87 and 89. I don't know of another ethanol free station, locally (or anywhere?). Premium will still be ethanol free. Their first regular ethanol gas is scheduled to arrive on the 17th. I'm going up north, soon. Filling up the boat, truck and a few 5's, tomorrow. I guess I'll be buying premium for the boat, now. Mileage will go back to what it was before May. Nice while it lasted to pay regular price for ethanol free... 

...update...didn't want to take a chance in case ethanol came in earlier...filled up the truck, boat and three 5's for my upcoming trip...manager said she was just told that the CTC station may be ethanol free until the end of this year...yeah!

Archived