Antifouling

deetch

4 hours ago, Symmetre said:

Any marina.

I suppose the same applies to buying marine oil and filter for my 50 Merc  4 stk.EFI ......

Anyone here recommend where to buy engine oil , filter and gear oil in (near) St.Catharines ?

I didn't think B.P. would have an inventory of oil/gas filters for a variety of engines of various makes and age , unless they have sources to order parts .

deech .....checking out Can.Tire today in the marine dept....... saw a variety of boat cleaners including hull cleaners . My boat needs a good cleaning as well , thought I would take the power wash to her , then use a good cleaner to get that Quinte algae cleaned up .It needs to go in a shop to fix the throttle controls ....I don't want to mess with it ....out of my vocabulary ! 

My buddy did his own years back,took a bit of time but appears to help out,his boat stays in his slip all summer,pressure washing with some elbow grease and it comes out nice

Bill,i just bought some oil for my Yamaha outboard and a fuel filter,basically they cross reference to a Merc product,so far so good for me,fuel filter matched up 100%

53 minutes ago, smerchly said:

I didn't think B.P. would have an inventory of oil/gas filters for a variety of engines of various makes and age , unless they have sources to order parts .

deech .....checking out Can.Tire today in the marine dept....... saw a variety of boat cleaners including hull cleaners . My boat needs a good cleaning as well , thought I would take the power wash to her , then use a good cleaner to get that Quinte algae cleaned up .It needs to go in a shop to fix the throttle controls ....I don't want to mess with it ....out of my vocabulary ! 

Smerch, Is your hull fibreglass or aluminum? After having my fibreglass boat sitting in the water all summer at the cottage, I used  a spray nine hull product. This stuff needs 0 elbow grease- just paint on with a sponge brush and let it sit and spray it off with the hose or power washer. You can watch the stains come out it’s pretty neat - in fact it took stains out that were On the boat for over 10 years that I never thought would come out . Best product I’ve ever used. See below. (I should have taken before and after pictures but the difference is unreal ) 769ECF1B-F553-4DB5-8446-6767B5AC6A9C.jpeg7EC3F5F2-8E28-4B29-9C78-CEB0B077D435.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Captain Hooksets said:

Smerch, Is your hull fibreglass or aluminum?

It's a 90 aluminum boat  .  Funny Capt H . , I had that bottle in my hand today at C.T. I have been using the reg. Spray 9 for a few years , even to clean my shoes . I picked up a 2 liter refill that was "on sale" with a red sticker on the shelf ....took it to cash out & it came up about $5 more ,so I left it at the cash out and bought a $5 pumpkin . haha

Sometimes I wonder if the "marine" stuff is that much better than the reg. stuff , like marine Goop to reg.Goop  . The reg.Goop worked great on my boot leak for years !

Thanks ....I  just may try the "marine spry 9" and compare it to my reg .stuff.

Boat looks like new !   

15 hours ago, smerchly said:

It's a 90 aluminum boat  .  Funny Capt H . , I had that bottle in my hand today at C.T. I have been using the reg. Spray 9 for a few years , even to clean my shoes . I picked up a 2 liter refill that was "on sale" with a red sticker on the shelf ....took it to cash out & it came up about $5 more ,so I left it at the cash out and bought a $5 pumpkin . haha

Sometimes I wonder if the "marine" stuff is that much better than the reg. stuff , like marine Goop to reg.Goop  . The reg.Goop worked great on my boot leak for years !

Thanks ....I  just may try the "marine spry 9" and compare it to my reg .stuff.

Boat looks like new !   

haha too funny! 

The marine stuff has to be better. I've used the regular spray 9 on the boat and didn't work too well. This marine stuff is the real deal. Cleaned up the 1995 hull like new as you said.

One of he best cleaners I've used on my seadoo  and my trailer (travel trailer not boat) is also one of the cheapest.

It's the Totoally Awesome cleaner from Dollar Tree .. It's pee yellow and comes in a clean bottle .. Not one of the bathroom cleaners they sell. 

It's $1.25 a bottle and I put 6 or so  it in a lawn sprayer and water it down ..Spray the surface, let sit couple mins. and power wash . even took all the mildow stains off seadoo seat.

On 10/9/2019 at 1:11 PM, Captain Hooksets said:

The marine stuff has to be better. I've used the regular spray 9 on the boat and didn't work too well. This marine stuff is the real deal. Cleaned up the 1995 hull like new as you said.

Well , I got some Marine Spray Nine today , and it's "awesome"  , no elbow tax needed , just wipe on & spray off . ....worked better on my aluminum boat than the Merc motor which I did twice . Dewar and Duhamel would be pleased .....

I tried some Awesome from the dollar tree on the Merc motor but it didn't do a clean job ....maybe a few applications with more elbow grease would do it ......

boat cleaner.jpg

On 10/8/2019 at 8:02 PM, smerchly said:

Bass pro has everything u need. Go to back parts counter. Good prices too

48 minutes ago, Fish Farmer said:

Totally Awesome cleaner is great plus the one in the green bottle, calcium cleaner, gets rid of the white calcium spots on your boat and motor.

I use it all the time from the Dollar Tree.

I buy a lot of stuff from the Dollar Tree & Dollar Store ( .5km away)  They sell a lot of the same items at C.T ., Home Hardware , etc. ...same stuff made in China and 1/2 the price !

FF ...I bought some spray cleaner from the Dollar Store in Napanee that contains some bleach and mildew remover . It cleaned the top of the trailer and spots on the deck very well . We also get some groceries there as well ....chips , breads , cookies , .....got some paint trays , made in the USA !  ....saves us lots of bucks !  Big Box stores are ripping us off !

3 hours ago, Fish Farmer said:

Totally Awesome cleaner is great plus the one in the green bottle, calcium cleaner, gets rid of the white calcium spots on your boat and motor.

I use it all the time from the Dollar Tree.

Vinegar and water mix works great on the white calcium spots too for hulls ,motors and glass.

16 hours ago, smerchly said:

Well , I got some Marine Spray Nine today , and it's "awesome"  , no elbow tax needed , just wipe on & spray off . ....worked better on my aluminum boat than the Merc motor which I did twice . Dewar and Duhamel would be pleased .....

I tried some Awesome from the dollar tree on the Merc motor but it didn't do a clean job ....maybe a few applications with more elbow grease would do it ......

boat cleaner.jpg

BOOM 💥. Told ya smerch  :)

1 minute ago, Captain Hooksets said:

BOOM 💥. Told ya smerch  :)

HA !   Just finished the bottom of the boat except the center strip ....need to try a small brush with a 4' handle to reach there .

On one side of the boat I tried using an old car wash brush ...dipped it in a strong dish soap (Dawn  the duck cleaner)) with hot water . It cleaned some of the scum off which made it easier & faster to finish the job with the Spray Nine .  It left a dull finish on the black paint on the Merc motor , ....may try to buff it up with wax .

I've been known to be part ape over the years .....Captain .   I used a car  brush with a rag tied tightly to reach the underside  ....tied a rag to it & applied the cleaner ,  took a while , lots of scrubbing , checking , reapplying and hosing off . ....I'll pay the piper for a few days ,  the old back ain't what it used to be ....  

Anyone know about a marine  mechanic in the falls  who I was told today does good work ? 

Haha you’re funny smerch! Since you tried it on the motor cowling, was it ever hazy/foggy? Or did the product make it foggy? Would love to know of a product to get the haziness out of the cowl. I only used the spray 9 on my hull so I know that’s not where the cloudiness came from. However, it’s been there for years so likely was there before I bought the boat. Almost needs something to bring the natural finish back without having to repaint (already did that to the motor cap about 5 years ago ). 

Archived