Post Election Discussion

Snags

Post Election Thoughts  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Your thoughts?

• First thing I Googled was How to Move to the USA. The country is going to hell and it will be fast.
    • This is great. Canada needs this Leadership.
    • Meh. Either way the tax payer gets f***ed over
    • I didn't vote but I want my trudeau selfie.
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/27/2019 at 05:00 AM

Not afraid to comment because we don't vote  , so I chose MEH........   .

We don't have a democratic vote . They said Sheer got a million more votes than Trudeau but lost the leadership ....first past the post wins .

When I was involved with my CAW union elections one would need 50% plus one to win .....some runoff elections were needed .

When you can run (dictate) a country with 30% of the votes while the other 70% can rub salt , we aren't much better than a communist country .

I don't think it will change ,  so I'll likely be FISHING  every voting day .  :Gonefishing:

11 hours ago, smerchly said:

Not afraid to comment because we don't vote  , so I chose MEH........   .

We don't have a democratic vote . They said Sheer got a million more votes than Trudeau but lost the leadership ....first past the post wins .

When I was involved with my CAW union elections one would need 50% plus one to win .....some runoff elections were needed .

When you can run (dictate) a country with 30% of the votes while the other 70% can rub salt , we aren't much better than a communist country .

I don't think it will change ,  so I'll likely be FISHING  every voting day .  :Gonefishing:

How can you vote for someone you can’t trust.  I’ll be fishing voting days also.  I worked and slept through this one. 

I voted which was a waste of time.

IMO non voters totally have a right to complain.

Looking at history, every party elected have lied to us.
Charges us more, directly or indirectly via taxes and
-so called rights-

Really, what rights and freedoms do we have.
We have the right to drive, $ How many taxes involved here.
License, plates, car, insurance, repairs, gas..
The right to fish and hunt, own a boat $
Right to own a house $ Don't pay your tax, house forced sale
Start a business, tax tax tax

We must pay taxes on all necessities of life.

If one doesn't pay these taxes, they could end up
on the streets at the least.

Yeah, got to love the freedom to vote for a party who will dictate how we must live according to their dogma.

Anyone see a problem here....

I don't disagree with the fact that freedom does not exist.. but doing nothing about it or saying nothing about it is the same as being for it.. if you didn't vote you basically voted for the winning party because you didn't do your part to stop them 

I used to vote "strategically "  , that is vote for the party most likely to beat the incumbent that you wish to be ousted , but the newly elected party reneged on their "promises" .

Today I heard on the news hydro rates are going up in Ontario ......another promise broken  . This , of course will cause all prices to go up including food . EV drivers take note .  lol

Complaining falls on deaf ears .......until  they revamp the voting system , and they may someday ,  I will not waste my time voting for someone I don't trust .

The billionaires of this world are the ones who call the shots . 

I voted, I voted for the party who platform best aligned with my views which lost their lone seat lol, but yeah there hasn't been a real good candidate in a while.

Firstly I did vote.  Secondly I am not happy with the results.

The unfortunate thing is how any political debates has turned into name calling and slinging mud.  Because of that it is so hard to find proper information on the parties.  I saw tons of articles pushed through on Facebook from different friends supporting one party, half of them were from sites that have no credibility and made my preferred party seem to enjoy eating the hearts of newborn babies while making their candidate seem like they sh!# rainbows.

Unfortunately there is no reporting that is done without a political party spin/push so to read anything unbiased is impossible.

I firmly believe that this country no longer needs elected representation!!

voting in elected representatives was necessary when this country first began because of the vast distances with very poor transportation and communication services, and elected officials were needed in Ottawa to represent the needs of everyone across this vast country.

however, today we have such inter connectivity with modern communication systems that everyone has access to communication facilities, and therefore, elected representAtives are redundant in our electronic society.

i think all we need is 1 or 2 representatives from each province/territory to meet and generate national referendum topics monthly, and then give everyone in the country a period to vote electronically on each proposal.

just my humble political views 😏

As I'm only a permanent resident I can't vote,  and I'm fairly clueless to Canadian politics anyway,  from what i've seen of him I'd have never voted Trudeau in a million years.

I haven't been keeping up with English politics much either as it doesn't affect me much either,  but by christ with that absolute bumbling buffoon Johnson,  IRA supporting scum corbyn and whatsherbloodyface,  I'd have been scared to vote. 

At the end of the day, they're all to the last man,just a bunch of out for themselves, freeloading,  theiving wankspangles. 

1 hour ago, Limey said:

,just a bunch of out for themselves, freeloading,  theiving wankspangles. 

Love that British terminology !  I read the Daily Mail and they have several political parties as well . They voted to separate from the EU  but another party or even their own Conservative  members keep tossing another hurtle  to delay , delay ,delay . Now they may be going to the polls again . ...a huge waste of money .

They are very similar to us with lax criminal laws and a parliament system like ours that doesn't represent the will of the people .

Cheers 

Archived