Electric Fillet Knifes

shoemaker

We'll my rapala electric is on its final days. Housing is cracked and the on off trigger is causing me a lot of grief. Was a good knife but it has been well used for a few years now. My biggest issue with it is how hard it has to work on larger walleye (5lbs or so and up). Not to mention how hard it is on my hand. Smaller fish are not a problem. Just wondering what everyone out there uses.. After some research I'm thinking about an American angler. Thoughts? 

I just got the new bubba lithium cordless knife and I love it . Always had the ol mr.twister one before but this knife blows it away . Its quiet ,sharp I did 70 perch on 1 battery with power to spare . Its expensive but loving it so far . I bought the american angler and returned it asap and kept using my Mr.twister 

Thanks Lund.  Just a couple questions for ya. Does it cut thru the larger walleye effectively? Also,if you don't mind me asking,why did u return the American angler?

Ive been using and American Angler for a long time and have had zero issues with it, cuts through 10 pounders no problem.  I used to use the rapala but if the fish had any size to em it took a lot of elbow grease.

I was using the normal rapala for the last 6 years and picked up the deluxe for the erie eyes...they both work great ...if i use the older one for bigger fish i gotta just press down a bit and torque the knife a bit of twist and it goesno.problem.!

The only electric we have is the 2 bladed one for carving up turkey .....never tried it on raw fish ....

When I have a large fish to clean ( pike , walleye, trout ) I use my large size Rapala  (Sweden) ...keep it real sharp

and it cuts through those thick rib bones quite nicely . I have the 4" , 6" 7.5" and 9" Rapala knives.

I use a regular fillet knife on my walleye! Fillet 6 in no time at all! Only time I use electric is when there's 50 or 100 perch to clean! Then I fillet and skin, buddy ribs!! Done in a couple of beers time!@ lol!

On 10/29/2019 at 6:49 PM, Gil said:

I use a regular fillet knife on my walleye! Fillet 6 in no time at all! Only time I use electric is when there's 50 or 100 perch to clean!

Or 500 smelts Gil   haha  !   I always sharpen my Rap knives with my ceramic "rabbit ears" sharpener . Sharper the knife , easier to cut through rib bones .

26 minutes ago, DaveC said:

I have the rapala elec knife and works great for me. 

Bad for the environment Dave ....   going to cost your more on your hydro bill   .....   :P

12 hours ago, smerchly said:

Or 500 smelts Gil   haha  !   I always sharpen my Rap knives with my ceramic "rabbit ears" sharpener . Sharper the knife , easier to cut through rib bones .

Bad for the environment Dave ....   going to cost your more on your hydro bill   .....   :P

Nope, Its so easy I can turn the lights off and do it in the dark...😎

Archived