November meet up?

Tyler0420

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tyler0420 said:

No I didn’t see any pics.  

it’s frozen over maybe we can head to jordon. 

I checked my nfn mail & they were sent Tyler ....is your mail box full ?

My minnow tank in my garage has frozen over ...air stone is working .

Bucket or water outside is frozen solid !   (can try out my auger) B) ...was 13*F.  last night .

No prob.....I'll check it out Friday to see if the water is soft ......

Nutty weather ....this climate change stuff is right on ......changeable as the .....weather !!     🌴   🌲

Few spots starting to skim this morning out jordon way I saw on my way out to work...but doesn't take much for that to go away....will get a look see when I head out in the morn and try to keep updated on here over the next couple days

Stopped by Lasalle today for a quick hr fish. Open clear water.  Sitting in my truck about a Hf hour after my first cast and seen a carp come out of the water where the docks use to be. Then I remember a guy saying fishing is good when they take the docks out cuz they scrape the zebra mussels off the docks before removing them.  So I tossed out a line where I seen the carp jump with no luck after 20mins and I had to leave.  I was feeling pretty confident in getting a fish, wish I could of stayed the day. 

7AD1FB74-ED79-4B95-B2EF-529197F44850.jpeg

F99929DC-279D-4C53-B734-DA6759F97E8D.jpeg

9FECA5FC-D982-4319-991C-036FA1B785BF.jpeg

Water looks open around Gibson and stuff that I saw this morn headed out to work...no skim.. ect so looks like we have a few options for Saturday......looks decent there Tyler...good scout mission....in comparison have caught quite a few cold water carp over the years on the Niagara while shore fishing for trout...I'm down for whatever the general consensus is for location

I'm off to CDP tomorrow , about 10 ish .....hoping there's no ice (some current there) . Thawing out some maize ,  got some puffed corn , and minnows to try . ....will post results ....Timmies just a mile or so west of CDP. 

I is back !  What a cold , windy friggin day !   It's only Nov.15 Mr.Winter .....come see me in 5 weeks !!

I checked out CDP  hoping I could drop a line or two , one for carp , one for other species with the float rod ....

Not happening !   Too much ice 50 ft. from shore ....no way to cast a line . ....head to Port D..... very windy & cccold at Rennie !

Fished for carp for 2 hrs.....same spot I caught carp earlier this year , but not a sniff .....

Went to get a coffee & doughnut to warm up ....came back to try some larger minnows under a float .....after another 2 hrs , not a hit ....very surprised I didn't get a pike or even a perch ....but nothing was interested in my offerings .....blah !!   :P

I think I will pass on tomorrow guys ..... colder than today ....next week looks more appealing & I think CDP ice will be gone mid week ....I'll check on it ....really want to give it a good go there .....SW winds are good there , wind is behind you ...

...here's a few shots from today ....   trees are being removed from the lake front as the high lake water washed away the root dirt .

cdp tree cleanup.jpg

cdp pond ice.jpg

port carp snow.jpg

Wierd how that was frozen..in comparison I passed through parts of gibby and beaverdams for work today...all that water is open....other than that only saw the grand and lake Erie out selkirk way today

1 hour ago, Jwl1 said:

Wierd how that was frozen.

With those high banks the wind isn't bad there . West wind is the best . ....hoping the ice breaks up and floats off to the lake next week ,  I'll have a look Wednesday .

Wierd I messaged you this morning bill.. but I dont think it went through...no worries you answered my questions in your post..lol

On 11/15/2019 at 7:29 PM, Jwl1 said:

Wierd I messaged you this morning bill.. but I dont think it went through...no worries you answered my questions in your post..lol

Just checked my pms  Jack .....my mail box (ha) was at 100% full  duhhhh  !!!   :wacko:     And I was just asking Tyler if his mail was full !!     🤐

Next week would be good for me as well, I am probably gonna need a ride if it is outside of the St.Catharines area.

We fished sat and sun in Ny for steelhead. Was really cold sat and we tried 3 creeks, skunked on all of them despite water looking great fish had lock jaw. Went out Sun morning to another 3 creeks, hooked one small one about 3lbs and that was it. Everyone we ran into was having the same luck...nothing. The cold has shut them down...water was great a little high in some places but totally fishable. Need some warm up I think for anything to pick up. 

I came home from the deer hunt on Saturday. We hunt area 47, south of the French River and west of Hwy 11. It was -25 Saturday morning with a windchill of -31. Needless to say, I'm glad I'm back home! It has been months since I've wet a line, would love to get out somewhere!

Welcome back to the banana belt Bubba .....well , not exactly ....it's been a cold November !! Hopefully some "normal" temps are on the way now ,  hope to do some carp & pike fishing before ice time .

Archived