What a storm!

shoemaker

Wow was that a crazy couple days around here!.  Lost power for over 30 hrs, luckily no major damage for me, a couple broken shingles and lots of branches fallen. Along with all the damage that occurred on the shoreline from Ft Erie and West at least as far as long point , I heard the docks at Crystal are gone. Havnt had a chance to check it out yet . Can anyone verify this? I guess the most important thing is I don't believe anyone was injured. I plan on checking the docks out tomorrow.  Will try to post pics 

Bad storm & bad timing for Halloween  !!  Many people kept their kids inside while others went trick or treating . We saw a lot less kids on the street this year . Sometimes tradition takes a back seat in these conditions .....a falling tree limb or hydro wire could prove disastrous . Next year will be better !

Nigel is a friend of my step son Chris G. & they play darts together at the house  in Ridgeway . Chris has a park trailer at Sherkston right on the lake .  The cement retaining wall was busted up with large rocks strewn about their lot .....big worries now if a bad winter pushes ice up to their mobile home .

32 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

How’s the upper niagara looking today? Any steelies swimming around in puddles?

Maybe a few in some back yards and ditches !! 

I went to Daloozie this a.m. & the aftermath of the storm has all the waters muddied up . I tossed a J13 & a Husky Jerk for an hour but nuttin happ.

The  very gusty west  wind was blowing waves right over the west pier . Rennie pond was muddy & a big dock blew in from the Henley Island .

Port was plugged solid when I left ....accident at Ontario & Lakeport Rd. , vehicles backed up from Ontario St., through Port &down Main St. to the Legion , a good mile !

Saw this at the marina ....check this big cruiser out .....What is she saying here  ??? 

Boat.jpg

7 hours ago, smerchly said:

Maybe a few in some back yards and ditches !! 

I went to Daloozie this a.m. & the aftermath of the storm has all the waters muddied up . I tossed a J13 & a Husky Jerk for an hour but nuttin happ.

The  very gusty west  wind was blowing waves right over the west pier . Rennie pond was muddy & a big dock blew in from the Henley Island .

Port was plugged solid when I left ....accident at Ontario & Lakeport Rd. , vehicles backed up from Ontario St., through Port &down Main St. to the Legion , a good mile !

Saw this at the marina ....check this big cruiser out .....What is she saying here  ??? 

Boat.jpg

at least she looks like shes still standing up. i seen a pic of boats that tipped over on their cradles

15 hours ago, deetch said:

That house looked complete, how does it collapse like that? That can’t be normal

No house is stable till it’s bricked or fully finished. These houses were only framed. Even supports don’t hold them up when the winds are 100km/hr +.  Then you have to think did the framers even brace the house properly. Last year same thing happened on the same site.

Cheap labour= cheap work 

it’s happened to other builders also but seems it happens here more then normal. 

I was at my friends house right on the lake. Everyone who had a deck or boat ramp near the water had everything destroyed.

Here is a sample!! This area is approximately 10 feet above the normal lake height and during the storm it was under water. 

thumbnail_20191107_140103.jpg

On 11/5/2019 at 9:38 AM, Tyler0420 said:

One of the sites I work at.  Not the first time they’ve had houses blow down.  Two houses blew down the other day.  I won’t post the builder. Hope no one was hurt. 

33C00D77-5AC8-4221-933E-49DB23F49626.jpeg

Empire? A bunch of their homes in the Falls blew over.

Archived