Port Dalhousie

deetch

On 11/25/2019 at 7:40 AM, Jwl1 said:

Bottom bouncing is certainly an acquired skill in a crowd...as an angler who fishes from boat and shore....the boat guys really dont have to overcrowd the back drift...the people I fish with dont even go there if there are more than 3 or 4 boats..lol...and try our best not to disrupt the shore guys .....this time of year there are plenty of other places to drift in a boat....a little courtesy goes a long way ... I gave up fishing the port d zoo like 20 years ago...lol...too much trouble ...doesn't sound like it's getting any better...but again..if everyone cooperates...takes thier turn casting....gets lines out when someone has a fish on ect...it saves alot of frustration when fishing in a crowd

So true, as is float fishing. Myself and friends we can fish feet away from each other and never a problem. All in timing of your casts etc. One thing for sure..never get yourself into a mix of fly guys or chuck and ducks that could be the end of your day. I much rather fish water away from people than fight with uneducated anglers. Too many times I see guys standing right on top of the fish in the middle of the run. I don't know if they think that because they have waders they must be waist deep. Nothing wrong fishing a crowd as long as everyone knows what they are doing and respecting the person next to them. Couple idiots can ruin a good day.

3 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

I don’t mind fishing shoulder-shoulder as long as everyone can cast

Well haha...stop crowding me out then! No, Tyler and I can fish feet away no problem. He really likes the guys that wear the camo gear and cross river in the middle of the run...LOL. You know...the ones with the license on the side of their hats..and their Tuna rods..LOL

20 hours ago, bigugli said:

Nothing worse than fishing the opener on the Ganny back in the heyday. 200+ anglers rubbing elbows along a short stretch of shoreline 

Went ther once on opener about 4 yrs ago...Never again!!!!  a bunch of madness at its finest. Shame what goes on there really.

On 11/25/2019 at 9:29 AM, smerchly said:

Have you ever fished at the  Thornbury  Spring Zoo Classic in the 80's ?    It was a war zone  !!!!

Most certainly do remember those days....not much changed either except the runs are not as good anymore. That river can be loaded one day and everyone hooking fish and the next day nobody hooking fish. I like the slow drift out to the lake, but its always got somebody in it.

On 11/25/2019 at 9:29 AM, smerchly said:

:th_fudd::slap::deadhorse::clapping::coldsmiley:

4 hours ago, boogaloo said:

Or Denny's Dam. lol................................Daniel

3 rows deep on opener..lol. We saw a guys son fall in one year and float right through the entire run. 

7 hours ago, DaveC said:

Went ther once on opener about 4 yrs ago...Never again!!!!  a bunch of madness at its finest. Shame what goes on there really.

I was there the late 80's. I have never seen anything like it since

1 minute ago, bigugli said:

I was there the late 80's. I have never seen anything like it since

There were fights , guys got tossed in the drink , some  fueled by booze .  It hasn't change much !

One time we fished from a 14 ' boat in the lake ....ice all around us . I caught a small trout on a worm .

Archived