ethanol free gas...update...Ridgeway

w1w

Used to live by there...always filled my old Harley up with thier gas...tons of boats always there filling up too...not many places left for sure

2 hours ago, мормышка said:

Ethanol fuel burns cleaner, BUT you sacrifice over all engine performance. 🤔

Think you are right M.........   I have been using reg. 87 gas with ethanol in my 50 Merc. 4 stk and all my small engines for about 4 years . I pulled the plug from my OLD  Craftsman snowblower (electric start) and it was very clean ....and starts easily with the pull cord also. Maybe it's the SeaFoam in the gas that's doing it !  

Don't small engines need 91+ octane to run at best?

They give "up to 10% ethanol" as advertised on pumps. That little bit of less pollutant as opposed to full energy NO ethanol fuel. 

Winter gas probably adds more ethanol, but its weaker combustion.

I don't even know of E-85 pumps around here. Your car would need flex fuel designation anyway to run such low octane.

For many years I have used nothing but premium or high octane fuel in all my small engines because it does not contain ethanol. In engines like your chainsaw, snowblower, weedeater ATV etc, they are not run on a regular basis and during this period of inactivity the ethanol can break down and lead to problems. The Stihl dealer will tell you specifically to only use high test fuel.  It costs a little more but we are not using very much either. The 200hp engine on my boat is new and designed to run with ethanol but I still like to top the tank off with premium before winter storage. A small engine mechanic once told me that if people used premium gas or drained their fuel tank at the end of each season, he would be out of business.

I switched to premium gas last winter for all my small engines after my ice auger got fouled up with ethanol in the regular gas.  The repair guy said they had to clean my carburetor 5 times before they got all the gunk out of it!

a friend that works at CTC said that ethanol eats out the inside of plastic tubing, and all the residue ends up in the carb.

i have also taken to adding Sea Foam to them after recommendations on this site.

Archived