Robot fishing ?

smerchly

Ice fishing has sank to a new low IMO !   Flashers & underwater cameras are not enough ....We now have the "all new , super , automatic , jaw jacker thingy that not only sets the hook for you , but comes with 3 auto-jig discs to take the task of jigging a lure out of your hands . Lovely !

Soon to come ??...watch you new auto fish catchers from the inside of your warm hut  on your phone with a built in alarm in case you are texting , watching a movie , etc etc. and maybe that camera can also be hooked up to the phone to see what is happening at the jackers lines ...reminds me of that old song "In the year 2525" which will come much sooner than that .

When I see people showing off their great catches , I have to wonder if they could catch a fish without all their electronics ..... guess I'm old fashion , but I want to catch fish using "my" brain , not rely on a machine with the latest technology . ....For sure full limit catches will increase ....maybe time to use conservation limits , I would go for that ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRNsQikejX4

37 minutes ago, мормышка said:

The most tech I use is fish finder. Odds are against you ice fishing so finding fish is priority. No fish around guarantees skunking.

Although I don't use a fish finder I don't mind anglers using them . They only cover a small part of the bottom . I don't like to see guys cutting a hole , dropping in the transducer , seeing no fish present and continue drilling 10 -15 more holes all over the place to find fish , leaving unmarked holes for everyone to dodge (if they can see them if slightly snowed over .)  I have fished for an hour with no bites ,then a school shows up for dinner !  A little chum may bring more dinner guest too !    :Gonefishing: 

I also like finding fish the old fashioned way...trying to guess where they will be on a body of water I am fishing at different times if the year.

When I ice fished at Couch we knew the perch were in the deeper water , from 22 -24 fow .I had a small piece of red tape stuck on my ice rod line at 24 ' Three us us would spread out and quickly find the depth and then sat 20' apart to gab & catch perch ....fun days .

Me thinks the new mechanical battery operated jaw wacker is pushing the limits of "smart" fishing ...surprised the mnr allows it ....but we know for every $100 spent the gov't  gets it's $13......

There are cheap ways to jig a second ice rod like the balancing rod holder if there's enough wind to rock it . I have some very small wooden clothes pins that clamp on the line above the ice & I attach a small rubber balloon (deflated) on the line and let the wind do the jigging . Set the drag loose of course or lose the rod .....This works good for using dead baits like salties , etc. Costs about 7 cents or the price of one homemade coffee !...   now hoping for an early ice season !!  :Gonefishing:

Archived