It's on!

Jwl1

Finally got to get out for a bit again this afternoon...work getting well in the way of fishing..lol...and this being my favorite time of year to go..happy to say I got to add to my pic collection for the season....today's secret color combo..... black +white flash + cherise = steel 🎣 good scrap...decent size fish...big thanks to the older gent who came over with the net

20191203_134928.jpg

Way to go Jack , nice sleek bow !   Water looks low .....how is the viz ? Us "older gents are the best !

RJR ....hope you can find time to fish after retirement , it ain't easy .....B)

Drift was nice today...water level at a happy medium..water a bit stained..but still couple feet viz...just gets better from here as winter goes....its just too bad that one wrecked the only bait I had in that pattern....it was worth the 2 bucks....lol

On 12/3/2019 at 4:33 PM, Jwl1 said:

Drift was nice today...water level at a happy medium..water a bit stained..but still couple feet viz...just gets better from here as winter goes....its just too bad that one wrecked the only bait I had in that pattern....it was worth the 2 bucks....lol

You haven't changed a bit JWL !  

Jack the River Man  ! 

.wayyyy back in 2006 ...........   that was quite the climb !!   

jack  jwl river.jpg

22 hours ago, Jwl1 said:

Wow bill...cool to see some pics from way back...love my winter trout fishing for sure!!!!

I like my winter fishing too Jack but not climbing cliffs ....will keep my boots on the nice FLAT ice  tankuverymuch !   :Gonefishing:

Oh I still love it!!!!...although it seemed a whole lot easier in 06.. than 2020 🙄....either that or the paths...and rocks got a whole lot bigger and longer because it takes a little longer than it used to do getting to the water

1 hour ago, Jwl1 said:

Oh I still love it!!!!...although it seemed a whole lot easier in 06.. than 2020 🙄....either that or the paths...and rocks got a whole lot bigger and longer because it takes a little longer than it used to do getting to the water

Take a look down Jack ....the legs are shorter now ....  😋

Hey Jack, lets meet up and fish a weekday? Ive only got time on my hands now..lol. Im looking to get a decent bottom bouncing rod/reel? Any reccomendations? 

Just have to feel out the work thing for weekday off....to be honest...I've never been one to spend alot on a rod and reel...you dont need a couple hundred dollar set up...lol....I have always used a 8 or 9 footer medium action rod for the sensitivity of the tip for subtle bites and a feel for the bottom....ceramic bigger guides help with ice buildup on those super cold days....and a decent long cast reel with a smooth drag for the fight in the current on lighter line...a jerky drag will cause too many break offs...and you never know when you are going to hook a fish in the teens throughout the winter...brand has never been important to me... I bet you the set up I been using the last few years only cost me about 50 or 60 bucks all in

21 hours ago, cplummer said:

Not catchin on my streamers Jack?

I'm pretty sure it was yours...but that fish wrecked it...lol

Archived