NICE DAY who fished ?

smerchly

I did  .   Didn't see another fisher persons anywhere !  Y'all must be Christmas shopping or ??? 

Float fished at Rennie today ....nice lively minnow in 12 fow ...nice southerly breeze ....strange to see the float drifting into the wind ???

After 2 hours of "nadt" (not a damn thing) , got out the carp rod with new reel for a test run .....hooked up a nice freshly thawed shrimp  & waited......

Came to the conclusion that there ain't no fish here !  So off I went to check out CDP ....maybe they like shrimp there .....but too much ice & water was very LOW !

What a change from the spring water level , at least 3' lower . The lake front looks barren with the loss of 90 % of the trees and shrubs .Looking for a  :skunk: hat !

10 hours ago, bigugli said:

Was too busy filling the sleigh for the big night:santa:

25498514_10159710508040564_882178986394606071_n.jpg

And the real Santa just stood up.👍👍👍

Santa can you pleases give me for Christmas a Bait that guarantees me to catch the biggest fish Please.

Bruce, your the Man.👍

Tried floating with worms at welland aqueduct for 45 minutes,  nuttin. 

Gave it an hour at the flat water centre,  nuttin again. 

Took the dog for a walk without the rods down to port dalhousie,  only one solitary lad fishing,  he was nearly at the limit in under an hour...nice guy as well. 

20191212_125106.jpg

20191212_125140.jpg

21 minutes ago, мормышка said:

I drove down this morning. Why did they need to remove it? Safety or for looks? May be big plans to make the park 

more attractive? 

Probably try and squeeze in some condos on the shoreline. Wouldn’t surprise me. 

When I was a teen that stretch of beach didn't have a single tree , only a few bushes & it was deeper ...all kinds of fish in there , lots of bass , pannies , cats , carp et .....came in from the lake . Over the years many trees and shrubs have taken over the fishing spots , The high lake levels washed away a LOT of the sand from the tree roots and many trees fell . They went in to clean it up and leave the strongest trees which is very few.....  I think they also cleaned up the fallen trees from the pond side of the dune ,....it looks like were back to 1955 !  They also removed all the boardwalk with hundreds of names of people on each board . With the ever changing lake levels , they may not put the board walk back and just leave the gravel path .  I have some pics and vids of the clean up , second shot from yesterday .

CDP Trees.jpg

CDP POND 13-12-19.jpg

49 minutes ago, мормышка said:

Maybe the trees were planted to prevent full erosion of that berm?

Looks strange to be clear of trees. Less wildlife there now I'm sure.

They may plant some trees that can survive wet conditions , or let nature take it's course which could open up the pond to form a small bay .  Sandy dunes are always changing,  like the large sand bank formed at Jordan Harbour at the bridge .

M....luka , I didn't see much wildlife there in the past ,,,,maybe a mouse or beaver , but mostly people running their dogs .

Merry fishmas season ....worked yesterday if course...nice pics guys...super cute for an ugli bunch as well.....we spent the rainy day at Santa's work shop....now at home sipping some eggnog by the.........

20191214_175839.jpg

11 hours ago, Fish Farmer said:

And the real Santa just stood up.👍👍👍

Santa can you pleases give me for Christmas a Bait that guarantees me to catch the biggest fish Please.

Bruce, your the Man.👍

Sorry, but that is a secret gift for myself and my elves

On 12/14/2019 at 1:27 PM, мормышка said:

Maybe the trees were planted to prevent full erosion of that berm?

Looks strange to be clear of trees. Less wildlife there now I'm sure.

Wooden walkways are gone as the uncertainty of water levels can destroy them . There are two info signs left describing the eco system there . A few large trees have been damaged by beavers , should be chicken wired over to prevent them from falling if the beavers return to drop them . Zoom the picture to read the info .......

CDP Food Web.jpg

25 minutes ago, Mike Pike said:

Hey Smerch, is that our noble carp that they're showing as part of the natural eco system there?  Respect!!  

While it is part of the eco system there Mike , it doesn't show much respect for them in the printed message , but we know as carp anglers that they are the "house keepers" of the H2O Community . ....great vacuum cleaner machines .....

The print was small for all to read .....

CDP  print.jpg

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

While it is part of the eco system there Mike , it doesn't show much respect for them in the printed message , but we know as carp anglers that they are the "house keepers" of the H2O Community . ....great vacuum cleaner machines .....

The print was small for all to read .....

CDP  print.jpg

A very poor description of the wildlife to be found in and around the pond

1 hour ago, bigugli said:

A very poor description of the wildlife to be found in and around the pond

For true Bruce . We both have seen much more than what was written due to sign space (or budget cuts) . Together we have seen plenty of other fish like pike , crappie channel cats , bass , perch,  minnows ,and of course the multi coloured bowfin .  It "was" a great habitat for the many nesting birds and water birds like the green herons , until much of the "habitat" was destroyed by a human who wanted a nice clean "beach" and a better view . That is another story where we "common" people took the elite class to task and succeeded in getting the attention of the  MNR and some repair work done !  Those were the days .....  

4 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Beauty day today. Who’s getting out?

im at work :(

On my coffee break now Tyler   :)....making up some cat -carp baits in the basement .

Got some old smelts I'm going to cut into small chunks, wrap in cheese cloth,   & some shrimp .

Going to try an old spot where I caught a 10 lb channel a few years ago ( 1950  ish))   B)

We used to catch a lot of smaller channel cats with worm and carp are everywhere in that lake.

......  got a few test baits ready to go ("Smell 'ts) are nice and ripe ...added a little goldfish flakes and smelt juice  to the jar ..... 

...various hooks from #7 circle hook to 2/0 siwash  .

How can they refuse that !    🍴  

...shrimp on the left ....

cat baits.jpg

Archived