Sign in to follow this  
slabtime

Rice Lake carp

We usually target walleye when fishing Rice Lake and do very well but I had my son with me and

he had never got to experience fighting a carp so we took some corn

to chum with and started fishing from the dock right in front of our cottage a 1/2 hour later.

Within 20 minutes I hooked this carp and handed the rod over to my son. This was the result.

We caught about 3 per hour 

thumbnail_Resized_20160826_161253.jpg

Lean mean nasty machine there slab time !  Keeping lean by eating all that rice  ?  Great spot to catch them , right off a nice dock !   Do you fish for slabs there in the winter ?

52 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Lean mean nasty machine there slab time !  Keeping lean by eating all that rice  ?  Great spot to catch them , right off a nice dock !   Do you fish for slabs there in the winter ?

Hi Smerch, this is an area that the water has to much flow and is not safely fish able during the winter. I fish either Lake Simcoe or Lake Nipissing during the winter.  

Hi Tyler. We didn't weigh them and I forget how long it was. If you want a nice place to catch carp this it,

We never waited long till another one was on the line. This property will be a B & B next year if you would like to go try for yourself.