Sign in to follow this  
smerchly

Car in water at Dalhousie ?

Just came in on the facebook ...elderly couple escaped from car after it veered into the water at Michigan & Lighhouse Rd .....

It may have come over the bank at Rookers Rd ???  Anyone fishing there today ? 

1 hour ago, Chrisb said:

Following their GPS???

Yes , following their Grand Parents Saturn  @ 150 k ....

....some info in the paper.....

https://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/news-story/9804637-vehicle-goes-into-lake-in-port-dalhousie/

Edited by smerchly

1 hour ago, мормышка said:

I'm trying to picture how this could have happened and how lucky they were. Unless it happened at the ramp. :dunno:

It was on the CH News today .....Looks like they had a white pickup that was said to get stuck in reverse (maybe gas  peddle) ,and it backed into the water  from the cement  bank close to the lighthouse (deep there) . They interviewed Tony who fishes there often who said he saw what happened . I don't know how they got the truck out . I thought it would have sank quickly in that deep water . Good to see they both survived !

Coincidentally ,  speaking of Port Dalhousie ,  the west pier should be open to the public this spring . They are beginning to move equipment to the east pier to be completed next year .

From the Standard today .....

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/news-story/9804650-west-port-dalhousie-pier-on-track-to-re-open-this-spring/

Edited by smerchly