Lower today

Jwl1

Had unexpected day off today...stepped out for a few casts this aft....river still a bit on the dirty side....at least is wasnt brown this time..more like murky grey...lol...took the chance on only having 5 pencil weights left and tackle store closed today...you never know ..5 sinkers can be 5 casts some days...haha....turns out I only had to donate 1 to the fish gods...and got this as my reward..

20200115_130827.jpg

Ya too nice...lol...warm wize that is...need to get super cold..no rain...river to clean up.....today's lucky color was one cliff made up last year....orange crush...need to get more I only have 2 left.....and 1 got beat up in the fight

That one was a bit bigger than what you would want for an eater...but there's some fresh ones around....that one was pretty spunky...lol

My time been super limited this winter...I'm used to having the whole winter off....only spent a few casts a couple times from shore so far this winter...and at that only an hour or 2 at a time...only 1 skunk day though...lol...and that was last week in the chocolate milk....haven't had a day yet when conditions where good on the river....but still managed to pick a couple off....its been slow though and gotta work for them..I pick and choose my casts according to current flow....and break down the drifts a bit instead of running my bait super far....avoids slot of snags that way....I also find in the murkiness I have way more success running a short lead ...they ain't going to chase or get spooked from something they cant see...lol

Can't seem to get away from the Lake Erie winds mucking up the water Jack .... You would be catching more if the lake would freeze over ......and then use longer leads . Have you tried the round weights ....they use them in the current at Port Dal .

Archived