Pandemic ?

smerchly

I've been laid up with "something" this week ....started with a sever case of "heartburn" , worst case ever !  Then , sore throat and lots of nasal drip ,  tender stomach , gas ,  dizzyness , aches and pains . Funny , after getting my van back after 10 days I get this bug !  grrrr !   Just beginning to eat some toast , broth , tea , but still too weak to reel up the big one !

Which brings me to THIS  !

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7920661/Beijing-CANCELS-major-Lunar-New-Year-events-control-spread-coronavirus.html

As the world goes nuts about global warming and we stop making plastic straws to save the planet etc. maybe we should be looking at global population explosion . Mother nature controls her animal world in cruel ways to thin out the herd .....  Maybe little  Greta and the other young people should be going after world leaders to stop making more bombs and bring peace to the planet , etc. The world is getting smaller as world trading , and traveling is now the "norm"  .We can make all those Chinese products right here !

China is now much richer,  more powerful  and the people can travel the world by the millions everyday . Now they have to cancel their biggest celebration of the year to "try" to prevent a world pandemic.  Let's hope they can come up with a fix ! 

My fishing is still on hold until I'm back to snuff ....hope some of you can get on some "safer" ice very soon !  

Unfortunately I'm laid up too Bill. Had a scope done on my knee yesterday and I'm told my down time will be anywhere from 2-6 weeks!!! I'm not used to sitting/laying around, think I might go a little stir crazy! Hopefully some people on this site can get out and at least post some reports to make me jealous.

I remember the SARS thing...that's when my Emily was born...only baby in the ward...my poor x had half the staff and a  bunch of med students looking up her pride as my daughter was entering the world....noone could visit..I had to go through screening everytime I went in and out....all checked out with our newborn...11 hrs later we where at home.....1 week later was her first ever boat ride with dad...happily sleeping in her car seat on the boat floor while I was fishing walleye opener at the trailer 😎🎣

1 hour ago, Bubba14 said:

Unfortunately I'm laid up too Bill. Had a scope done on my knee yesterday

Just behave yourself and listen to the doc Scott ....My friend captn just had his knee done 2 days ago . You two guys can shoot the breeze and fish the "net" for a while . ( like I'm doing now)    Get well soon , I'll be seeing you before the ice is out ! :Gonefishing:

44 minutes ago, Jwl1 said:

I remember the SARS thing..

I remember it well , it cost my good neighbour his life . He had back surgery , got bad blood , years later his liver had a tumor , operation all set up but delayed for months because of a sars outbreak .....needed a liver transplant , too late , tumour had spread !

Funny how doctors /nurses etc.avoid the bugs . I was told to wash hands frequently , and don't touch your face when out in public (shopping) and wash the hands again . I've seen some pretty scruffy hands going through the bananas at Walmart !

16 minutes ago, smerchly said:

. I've seen some pretty scruffy hands going through the bananas at Walmart !

At least you can peel the bananas!

guys w knee problems, if you need a knee replacement, get it done and don’t put it off!

i had my right knee replaced 13 years ago, and is great...before Getting it done I couldn’t walk for even 10 minutes.  Just make sure your surgeon is someone who has done a LOT of knee replacements rather than just an occasional one. I’ve seen many people still limping w a cane 3 months after having it done by an occasional surgeon!  I was up north moose hunting 9 weeks after my replacement.

17 minutes ago, genec said:

At least you can peel the bananas!

HA !  Good one Gene ......oranges too , but when I think of those scuzzy hands we wash all our fruits and veggies.

I have a knee that acts up after a period of walking . I think I twisted it too many times when fishing rocky banks where many of my carp spots . I can see surgery up the road as the old bones grind to a halt.

Well ,I've got almost 77 years of wear & tear on my knees , walking for miles since 16 in the bush hunting for rabbits to moose , plus many more miles with fishing equipment on frozen lakes pulling sleds or home made ice shacks . One of my hunting buds had both knees replaced and had no problem doing the same (lived in Hastings) .

If I need a new knee , I'll take genec's advise and seek the best doc I can find through friends ( I have lots of "old" ones) who have had body jobs. 

We are fortunate that surgical techniques are much more advanced and keep getting better with much less time in hospitals , healing faster .....and getting back in the groove .  

....oh ya ,   about the pandemic .....they say don't be alarmed ......let's hope "they" are right ....

The Daily Mail News is far superior in covering world events than our "controlled " papers....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7923913/Shanghai-Disney-closed-Saturday-help-prevent-spread-virus.html

Archived