Chicken chuckin

fredfisher

Martindale pond is going to have chicken chuckin today,a family day tradition that has proceeds going to charity. Word on the street is that PETA or similar causes organization  is going to protest it ...I’m hoping it rains snowballs!!!!

33 minutes ago, fredfisher said:

Martindale pond is going to have chicken chuckin today,a family day tradition that has proceeds going to charity. Word on the street is that PETA or similar causes organization  is going to protest it ...I’m hoping it rains snowballs!!!!

Oh No  !!!!   :o

I "was" going to fish there today ....all those squawking chickens will kill the bite !!  ....back to the back side !

They usually won't  do their thing unless there's 6" of ice ...I heard,  and at one event I saw them tossing rubber chickens but Peetah wouldn't be amused .....   and they might go after the ice fishermen   :th_fudd:.......    :Gonefishing:

Well the chucking did take place ...on land this year since the ice was deemed unsafe , and rubber chickens were used as well .....but they said real chickens would be used if the event was on the ice .

I could have gone to fish there after all  !  But I did okay at "plan B "  and enjoyed a beauty day out there ! 

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/community-story/9855589-chicken-chucking-championships-honour-neil-peart-at-lakeside-park/

Archived