License Plates

smerchly

I got my stickers today for two vehicles .  On the form sent to me in the mail they want to know the mileage of the vehicles , but there's no line on the form to write down the mileage . I asked the nice lady at the counter where to write the mileage and she said , anywhere on the paper or a separate piece of paper which I did do .

What I'd like to know (should have asked her) ....is why do they need to know how many kms are on my vehicles ? Did she put that info into their computers?

No big deal , but I am curious since I don't see it necessary to get a new sticker or plate.

...btw , my 06 Pontiac sedan has 67,000 kms .   -_-

Thanks Steve ...  With high tech we have these days they probably know when I changed my oil last .   The old odometers were easily  spun back so it's good to know they keep a record now . 

2 hours ago, мормышка said:

Even digital odo can be turned back with proper scan tool

Yes , that's the downside to technology .   Some smartso's will figure out how to hack it .

It's not always on our side ......beware Huawei 5G.......    👽

10 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Yes , that's the downside to technology .   Some smartso's will figure out how to hack it .

It's not always on our side ......beware Huawei 5G.......    👽

Best defense when buying used vehicle is to ask for maintenance records. This way you have idea of mileage with date in logical sequence. And of course the seller needs to provide used vehicle package. If they refuse (I've had that happen), its very suspect about the car (in general).

Archived