This afternoon

Jwl1

Looked into my pics from the season...realized I didn't have any steelie pictures for march yet....thought I would remedy that...after all...gotta catch some every month of our awesome winter trout season....couple weeks of warm temps and it will be time to wrap it up until next season.....wasnt the best viz still....but tried my usual tactic for this situation....shorten my lead ....pick and choose my casts when the current is on the slower side....bite was slow today but I managed a couple for my efforts....and now the pressure is off for adding to my March photo collection....after all we can fish 12 months a year around here..so therefore have to have some sort of success story and pics every month of the year 🎣

20200311_131725.jpg

20200311_151702.jpg

Was slowish though...In...  the couple hrs I was there I saw 7 caught including the 2 I got....1 other guy got 2 as well..making that 4 of the 7...water needs to green up...lol

Ok Jack ....you got me jacked !  That long pike rod is now a trout rod (3 way) . I'll be looking for a guide "soon"  . I don't have roe but have a few virgin flies and some pink worms to try ........

BTW ....JW ,   once again ....NICE trout  !     :Gonefishing:

That’s all lower Niagara.  And yes you should try it!   But...You will likely get skunked the first few times until you figure out the river.  It’s a natural learning process but well worth it!

2 hours ago, smerchly said:

Ok Jack ....you got me jacked !  That long pike rod is now a trout rod (3 way) . I'll be looking for a guide "soon"  . I don't have roe but have a few virgin flies and some pink worms to try ........

BTW ....JW ,   once again ....NICE trout  !     :Gonefishing:

I’ll tie bags for the weekend if we get out. 

Archived