Something a bit different

Jwl1

I know...I know..in the winter months most of my posts are generally steelhead related...but today decided to try a different cold water fishing approach....got together with smerch and Tyler for a bit of a crack at some multi species angling... tyler had his eyes on targeting carp...while bill and I tried a shot at some trout...was busy and current wasn't really cooperative....so after a little while we decided to change spots and adjust tactics.....went with a slip float and minnow set up..fishing an average of about 12-15 feet down...after all...you never know if you don't try..and it was pretty much a way for us to do some pre spring scouting.....was a beautiful chilly day to spend by the water...what do you know..some winter fishing pics from me that aren't a trout..lol...good to see a couple distinctly different year classes of toothies as well....the bigger one I got had some pretty big bite marks in it!!!!...would have like to have seen what was trying to eat that one!!!!....and much to surprise also caught a fatty easily 3 lbs or so... oo s er...that bill my camera man clearly tried his best to hide in the picture....all fish smiled for the camera and went back to be part of another fish tale.......thanks alot again guys..it was a nice day to get out...and a great way to start a new chapter in this year's adventures...gotta get out again soon 

20200315_114424.jpg

20200315_114457.jpg

20200315_125323.jpg

20200315_144531.jpg

You was da man today JW ......my big minnows were scaring them away !  It was a nice sunny day but on the cool side . I was beginning to wonder if the pike have left the scene until you caught the first one with the "holes" on each side .....perhaps a big ski bite ? .....spear ? ..... cross bow ? ....or that muskrat that made you jump 3 feet ???  

It was a good day to fish and chat with you & Tyler !

...  here's a better look at that wound  which is on both sides ....

JW's pike.jpg

Wow I really should have went to the hair dressers before the photo shoot...lol...being a decent sized fish...something with a big mouth had it...great day...when we going again?????

Beauty day on the water today. A little chilly in the morning but the sun warmed things up.  Jack your always getting into fish. Glad one of us caught some. Looking forward to the next outing. 

637ABB58-AED8-43C3-931D-8442AF98D3AE.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Chrisb said:

That round hole looks like a lamprey wound.

No...that fish had bite Mark's on both sides...the other side had a  couple holes

9 hours ago, Jwl1 said:

No...that fish had bite Mark's on both sides...the other side had a  couple holes

My first guess is a big ski hit that pike . The teeth on a large ski are similar to a pit bull......

Archived